Ok guys here is what I have done.
1. Wrapped small pieces of duct tape around the fingers of the plastic portion of the motor coupler. The rubber piece had a couple of holes elongated. I wanted to ensure there was good solid contact between the pieces.
2. Put the machine bacj together. Left the cabinet off, jumpered the lid switch to run the machine.
3. Set the selecter switch to permanent press, low water level.
4. Tub filled up, but I noticed that I could not rotate the agitater by hand like I used to be able to do. I used to do this to mix up the detergant before adding the clothes.
5. Machined agitated normally.
6. Timer went through the cycle to the "pause for cool down mode".
7. Water started to get pumped out, but not completly.
8. Water re-filled again.
9. Agitater started again but extermilly weak. It hardly moved but about 2 to inchs each way.
10. Water pumped out all the way this time.
11. Noticed the motor running, and observed the motor coupler moving, but the tub was not spinning at all. Motor did not sound like it was binding up, nor was there any hint of anything burning up either. Could not tell if the motor was noisey as always, since this was the first time I ran the machine with the cabinet off.
12. Tub filled for the final rinse.
13. Water was pumped out.
14. No tub spinning.
15. wash cycle complete.
So with that said, what may you think? Trying to figure this out before weekend is over. I need to fix or plan on getting new machine.
Thanks for all your help on this.