Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Want to go from part time to full time in appliance repair  (Read 4780 times)

Offline mike k

• VIP Member
Re: Want to go from part time to full time in appliance repair
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 07:34:00 AM »

I did do some warranty work a couple months ago. They don't pay so well. Oh ya thats right I didnt get paid, they completely blew me off. Bad experience with that one >:(

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 07:45:41 AM »
I did do some warranty work a couple months ago. They don't pay so well. Oh ya thats right I didnt get paid, they completely blew me off. Bad experience with that one >:(

Care to share the name of the warranty company with the rest of us?

Offline mike k

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 08:44:01 PM »
Service Right USA

Offline Brent@CanBC

• Technician
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 03:59:37 AM »
Hi Mike K.   When I did warrantee work from any of the big wigs,  I had a vender number here in Canada,  and say its the Brick, or Sears, or Whirlpool.  They would fax me a "authorization" for service, with their letter head, plus all the info,  and address,  phone number, all the info to carry out the call.  That "authorization" is legal.  They have to pay.   Also, I fax'd them my business practice,  charges,  labour, mileage, taxes,  and payment dates. 

At first they just wanted me to go and do the call and get their customer fixed, then deal with them and payment.   Not me.  You do a check on them,  and find out if they are worthy of your services.  I got paid on or before the due date, or I took them to court,  as I had all the info in the fax from them.

My agreement with them, was if they wanted me fast, then they had to pay fast.  if not,  they lost me.  Things did work out for the 1st few times, then the payment dates fell behind.  In my business reciepts,  it had 3 different dates and times, and pricing.  Meaning if I was paid on the 1st date, they paid 60.00 per that call.  If they paid say a month down the road, they paid the 90.00, and the third was  120.00   

Over time,  and court they dropped me, as at that time,  if they were wrong, they had to pay my costs also.  Now in todays time,  it doesn't work like that,  I would have to pay my cost,  and they pay their costs.  So,  I don't do them anymore.  Am total indepent from all that.

If you don't cover your business, then obviously, they will be running your business for you.  So not a good deal.

If you have invoicing with your required info on payment and your pricing etc,  and it goes to court,  and they have sent you a "authorization" fax'd,  you have no problems getting paid, and on time.  If you just take the call and all is ok,  how long will it be ok.

Independent service is the only way to go.   There will be some, that will not agree.  Brent@CanBC

The hardest part of appliance repair...

Started by schaffersapplian

Replies: 7
Views: 5397
Last post October 26, 2008, 08:56:13 PM
by Penguin45
Wanted: GE factory authorized appliance repair service technician

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 15011
Last post December 19, 2007, 01:25:48 AM
by BrntToast