So here's an update - I fixed the problem. It's been several years since I started this post but surprisingly many have viewed it trying to find a solution to what ultimately may be the same problem.
I kept trying to get it to work, and sometimes it cycled by mostly not. It just wouldn't work even though all of the tests passed. But that changed a few months ago when I turned on my ice maker in another vane attempt to make it work but this time it said "ICE T3". This had happened before but went away. This didn't go away this time so I looked it up and it's a thermistor failure. I think what's happened all along is that the thermistor has been soft failing; not completely failed but the tolerance was bad enough that the ice maker wouldn't function but good enough that it didn't throw a code, at least not consistently until now.
I ordered a new thermistor and replaced it. Replacing the thermistor requires patience and persistence. It's a little involved but you can do it if you just stick with it. I ran all the tests, reset everything and viola! It now appears to be reliably working for the first time in many years. I have ice! Cubed Ice, Crushed Ice - I HAVE ICE!
As a side note, if you have melted ice and/or build up of ice on the inside of the ice maker check to make absolutely certain that the outer cover is secured by the rear most pin. It should slide into a keyway but it's kind of a bear to get it to stay in the keyway as you slide the cover in place.
I hope this helps someone else too!