Everything is back together and running. I am running a test cycle right now. So far so good. Just a couple of observations to pass on.
Disconnecting the water supply line was tough because it was rigid copper pipe and on solid (10 or more years?) with little room to turn the nut. I opted to remove the water inlet valve from the frame (disconnecting its hose of course first). That way I didnt have to risk breaking the pipe or the valve.
Removing the impeller disk on the housing be sure to use something that will get into the outer edges to avoid snapping the plastic piece that cross in the middle. I used an oil filter wrench, the kind with the jaws because it fit into the outer edges so all I had to do was turn to unscrew it.
The motor shaft was rusted and stuck on the impeller, I wiggled and pulled the brass piece off of the impeller first. Then I used my leatherman saw blade to cut off the plastic around the shaft.
The rest was easy, install the seals and the impeller, then put it all back together.
Thank you for your support. This web site is an asset for the do-it-yourselfers.
I will report back to let you know if all is well.