I DID IT!!!!!
(of course "I" being myself, JWWebster, kellonnie, and Robert at Appliance Parts.)
The fuse was indeed bad. I bought a fuse, 2 crimps, and some shrink cover. Cut the wires, crimped on fuse, covered in shrink, and then electrical tape. I also noticed that one of the rubber supports for the tub was broken, so i bought one too. Put it all together and NOW my wife is doing a load of laundry. Thanks for all your help!
Replaced the drive belt, a new fuse on the wire harness, and replaced a support: 29 dollars!!!
Next time something breaks, not being scared of taking it apart: priceless