Forum Index > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Ice Chute flapper door


I have purchased a new ice door flapper, the round black rubber door that lets ice out of the ice maker.  My question is how do I get to this part, the trim around the outside of the dispenser seems to go under the stainless steel skin, do I need to remove the SS cover on the door to get to this flapper?
I don't see any other way of gaining access to this flapper to replace it.
Please help



Yes you have to remove the trim or cover to get at it. I put tape around the trim and pull it out with a putty knife.Some of the new finishes will mark very easy.


[0] Message Index

Go to full version