Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   AppliancePartsPros 

Author Topic: I guess vacuum cleaners and carpet cleaners aren't discussed here?  (Read 218 times)

Offline SumGuy

• VIP Member

I'm wanting to know if anyone has retrofitted an electric water pump on a Bissel pro-heat carpet cleaner as a replacement for the incredibly delicate and frequently-disintigrating plastic impeller that's built into the pump and driven by the main vacuum motor via rubber belt.

But I see that there is no discussion catagory for such things as vacuum cleaners and carpet cleaners so I probably won't get much help here for this retrofit project so I'll probably just search ebay for a suitable electric pump that I'll probably find by a vendor in China.

Offline Herought

• VIP Member
Re: I guess vacuum cleaners and carpet cleaners aren't discussed here?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 07:13:30 AM »
Yeah I was actually looking for repair tips for my Shark Rocket DeluxePro HV321 Upright Vacuum. Sadly it's not part of the main category.

Offline nolazach

• Technician
Re: I guess vacuum cleaners and carpet cleaners aren't discussed here?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 09:20:05 AM »
Microwaves are going that way too.  I don't even take jobs on them.  The reason, cheaper to replace the repair.  Other than Dyson, Oreck and then the super-premium machines there isn't much money made on small appliance repair, so most don't learn it.

Though if you post in a general category you may get some help.  I would look for vacuum cleaner centric repair boards.
THE issue with the shark the second poster has may get help, the first issue is a retrofit and that is very specialized.

Whither the vacuum cleaners?

Started by JReger

Replies: 5
Views: 3126
Last post March 13, 2013, 06:26:32 PM
by andersenappliance
Appliance Accessories and Cleaners

Started by AJ

Replies: 5
Views: 4948
Last post November 16, 2007, 09:35:29 PM
by AJ