Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   AppliancePartsPros 

Author Topic: Over-level water error Samsung DW80F600UTS/AA 01  (Read 649 times)

Offline jkandra

• VIP Member
Over-level water error Samsung DW80F600UTS/AA 01
« on: June 07, 2017, 03:08:34 PM »

I have a Samsung DW model DW80F600UTS/AA 01 and have been having trouble with an over-level water error (Smart Auto and Heavy lights flashing). Initially it was sporadic but eventually, the unit wouldn't start. The unit is about 2.5 years old.

I searched on the web and found information, on this and other boards, about solving this issue by replacing the ECS sensor, main PCB, and case brake. After an over $400 repair estimate I did the replacements myself. I discovered my model does not have the ECS sensor but a Thermistor which I replaced along with the circuit board and case brake. Now the unit starts up fine, runs thru a wash cycle but will not drain. The drain pump sounds like it running but no water comes out and the unit eventually goes back to displaying the over-level water error. If I then turn the unit off it will turn itself back on displaying the error lights.

I have drained the unit and inspected the drain pump and hoses. The pump looks OK visually and the hoses are clear. Everything else seems to be fine visually.

Any ideas? Should I Just throw in the towel and replace?

Thanks in advance

Offline martwjc

• VIP Member
Re: Over-level water error Samsung DW80F600UTS/AA 01
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 05:51:48 PM »
I have been through the initial phase of the very same problem.  However, after reading the many other posts (and attached documents) on this forum I have only replaced the thermistor.  For me troubleshooting (partly with onboard diagnostic modes) showed case brake, overfill sensor, and main PCB were all fine.  The supposedly failed thermistor showed a 48 Kohm (via three multi-meters) reading at room temperature which did not make sense for a 3.3Kohm (description of the part confirmed by Samsung) thermistor.  First cycle with a new thermistor did complete but again after reading the posts, many times a problem re-occurs.  My concern regarding re-occurrence is that out of the three new thermistors (from two suppliers) I ended up with (asked for replacements because assumed they were defective) all reported 44-46 Kohms instead of the expected 3.3Kohms at room temperature.  I took the lowest resistance 44.6 for my replacement part.  However, something is very wrong with this part.  Either Samsung made a change on the fly to a 45Kohm thermistor, all of the four parts really are defective, or the thermistor functions unlike any I have seen before (i.e. rated resistance s a not given near room temp.).  I wonder if people have been checking the new thermistors when they replace.  Have you?

Offline martwjc

• VIP Member
Re: Over-level water error Samsung DW80F600UTS/AA 01
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 12:04:39 PM »
Update:  New, but apparently defective thermistor (DD32-00005A) sensor seems to be having an effect since now it will run the normal wash cycle without error but there is still water in the bottom after cycle.  I have been through all of the drain diagnostics in the service modes and no physical blockage anywhere.  Also, a manual drain after end of cycle does the trick.  I still believe that the thermistor is at fault despite being new. This lack of drainage seems like a common complaint as well.  Since last post I received one last thermistor sensor (my original order) that was literally  lost in mail (FedEx to USPS debacle).  This one had a lower resistance than any of the other four so I have now installed this sensor to see if we can complete the cycle and drain the tub completely.  I will likely take one of my four sensors housings and attempt to produce a true 3.3 kohm thermistor.

Over-level water error Samsung DW80F600UTS

Started by Rdforberg

Replies: 23
Views: 48382
Last post February 26, 2017, 06:49:40 PM
by EricNY
Samsung DMT400 over level water error

Started by jason1979g

Replies: 9
Views: 20952
Last post September 14, 2014, 05:04:19 PM
by domain
Samsung Low Level Water Code

Started by tgoods

Replies: 7
Views: 16930
Last post December 19, 2015, 12:03:40 AM
by DIYLar89
Samsung Dishwasher DW80F600UTS - High Temp Error (smart auto + normal lights)

Started by paralee

Replies: 6
Views: 13945
Last post September 10, 2015, 01:37:08 PM
by domain
Samsung DW7933 - High temperature water supply error

Started by Grazynski

Replies: 0
Views: 305
Last post April 27, 2017, 12:14:03 PM
by Grazynski
Samsung DMR78 Dishwasher - 5E error