Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Im stumped, maytag fridge with jazz board  (Read 216 times)

Offline Joeyt56

• Technician
Im stumped, maytag fridge with jazz board
« on: May 02, 2017, 01:40:05 PM »

Working on a Maytag fridge with a jazz board. Customer says she will find the fridge off and dashes on the display, then she presses freezer temp up and starts working again  then the next day off again does this frequently. I put the board through diagnostics and didn't find anything out of the ordinary so I replaced the jazz board worked for a few days and now customer says she sets it both to 7 and will over time jumped down on its own to lower setting.

So returned today, Diagnostics through the control everything in the system passed. customer called 2 hours later saying the fridge is holding steady but she set the freezer to 7 and 5 minutes later was displaying 2. Now im officially at a loss 

Model Wrb322dmbm00

Offline AggielandApplianceRepair

• Technician
    • College Station Appliance Repair
Re: Im stumped, maytag fridge with jazz board
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 04:15:42 PM »
So the original symptoms are the same after board replacement? I would suspect a power interruption either at the plug ( maybe bad) it bad wiring down n low from a critter chewing on it

Offline AggielandApplianceRepair

• Technician
    • College Station Appliance Repair
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 04:16:47 PM »
Also did you have to snap the new board in two or did it come already snapped? Did you have to program it?

Offline Joeyt56

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »
Unbelievable! So went back and unclipped the board and then reinstalled the housing. I didn't fully clip in the module that holds the board so if i needed to adjust it i could just pull that down and do so. Well now that the control was slightly forward the mystery revealed itself! I went to close the door and all of a sudden I couldn't, it was stuck open about a quarter inch. So naturally I go to look and see what i moved that was now in my way. And low and behold the culprit. A cocktail sauce jar on the top shelf was now hitting the control that was slightly sticking out. SMH... you've got to be kidding me, I snapped the board all back together and closed the door again. Now the door closes freely BUT the cocktail sauce cap is sitting on the freezer down button and if you pushed the fridge door and compressed the gasket it would press the button which I was able to demonstrate to the customer.

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 05:31:49 AM »
very nice catch :cheers:

Maytag Jazz Board

Started by crossroadsapp

Replies: 3
Views: 4413
Last post August 06, 2013, 01:19:32 PM
by dab147315