Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   AppliancePartsPros 

Author Topic: Maytag Neptune Dryer not heating  (Read 1129 times)

Offline christy9624

• VIP Member
Maytag Neptune Dryer not heating
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:51:33 AM »

I have a Maytag Neptune dryer. It's the one with the drying rack up top and the drum on the bottom.... the top part has heat but the actual dryer won't heat up to dry clothes. Can someone please help me in this situation. I'm a single mom with 4 young kids and can't afford the laundry mat or to continue to buy dryers.... this is the 2nd dryer ove bought(off of facebook yard sell site have had it stuck to me each time..... I paid 280$ for this dryer and can't afford another one... any help or advice would be so greatly appreciated.... thank you and God Bless.  :thanks:

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Maytag Neptune Dryer not heating
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 07:33:38 AM »
Christy can you post the model# it can be found on inside Dryer door. Also you will need an OHM Multi-Meter to Diagnose your Dryer. Thank you for the pictures but looks like your missing a Back Left Roller Support Wheel for the drum also. Let us know to further help you.

Offline christy9624

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 07:21:57 PM »
Yes he pulled it out.... said it was broken and needs to be replaced as well... we've spoken to alot of ppl and they said its the heating element more than likely but this particular unit has been discontinued and the aren't available.....I checked into a restring kit but my fiancee said that won't work as our porcelain parts on the heating element chipping off.... so I'm at the point and wondering if I should just see what's wrong with the other dryer I have.....maybe it's an easier and cheaper fix.....the other one I'm talking about just stopped working..... we go to push the button to start the drying process and nothing, like it has no power. It is a Maytag performance, model # PYE2300AYW

Offline christy9624

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 07:25:14 PM »
And got a friend of my husband's put it on the reader and said it was the heating element on the Maytag Neptune.. but I sent a ? About my Maytag performance.. I sent the model#...thanks in advance...what could make it just stop working all together.. the cord actually looks like maybe that should be replaced but I didn't think replacing these were an option.pic attached...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 07:32:35 PM by christy9624 »

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 08:54:24 PM »
The Neptune is a Better Dryer but both can be fixed. Do you have a Multi-Meter to OHM out the thermostats? More that likely your Performa has a bad fuse that is located on the Heating element housing on the right, the fuse is about the size of a "DIME" very small that has 2 leads coming from it. To remove the fuse and replace it you must remove the 1/4" bolt from the top of the Heating Element Housing, but 1st remove the heating element carefully and pull it out then the little "DIME SIZE" thermostat can be removed but it is attached to the thin little sheet metal housing attached to the right size of the housing. It's so small you might not see if you don't know what your looking for "BUT THE KEY IS THE 2 WIRES THAT ARE ATTACHED TO IT. I just replaced one yesterday with the same exact issue. It's a HIGH LIMIT THERMOSTAT usually caused by a Blocked or Restricted Vent Line - Make sure your vent line is clean and clear or the same thing will happen very shortly if not taken care of.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 07:36:46 AM »
Christy the thermostat Part Number is #LA-1053.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 09:52:25 AM »
The terminal block and the wiring attached to it do not look to be in very good condition. The terminals themselves appear to be damaged or corroded. This situation will require someone to look at it carefully. If the motor is not getting 120 volts as measured from the center white wire to either of the other terminals it will not turn the drum. If the power cord is providing 220 volts then there is another problem such as the thermal fuse which may allow the motor to turn the drum but not produce any heat since the coil is not getting hot.  BE CAREFUL .The voltage involved here can be fatal.

Maytag Neptune Dryer Heating Element

Started by Ihatemaytag

Replies: 11
Views: 14338
Last post May 11, 2011, 10:39:28 PM
by JWWebster
Maytag Neptune Elec Dryer not heating

Started by Jackhughes81

Replies: 4
Views: 3964
Last post May 01, 2010, 02:05:26 PM
by JWWebster