Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   AppliancePartsPros 

Author Topic: Whirlpool refrigerator, fresh food is freezing & freezer too warm  (Read 688 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician

Hello everyone,  I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model no: WRT311SFXT01.  This is a freezer on top mode.  lThe fresh food temp is about 22-degrees and the food is freezing.  The freezer is about 10-degrees and the ice cream is soft.  There is a cold control in the back of the refrigerator but there is no adjustment for the damper to adjust the amount of air coming into the refrigerator.  It seems that if I could close down some of the air blowing into the refrigerator the freezer would get colder and the refrigerator would warm up a little.  Whirlpool factory service came out and replaced the complete sealed system at no charge under warranty.  Does anyone know of a repair kit that might take care of this problem? (air duct with damper control) or maybe a slower evaporator fan motor or different fan blade that would not blow as much air????  I can't believe Whirlpool has no idea how to repair this and she can't be the only one with this problem.  Any help you could give me would be great.  Happy New Year, Tom 

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool refrigerator, fresh food is freezing & freezer too warm
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »
Turned out to be a sealed system leak.  Low frost pattern on evaporator.  Whirlpool factory service parts are guaranteed for 1 year but labor is only 30 days.  She had this done in October and is out of luck for all the labor so she is going to buy a new refrigerator.  Thanks to all who read this but I guess I no longer need any help on this job.

Estate Refrigerator Warm Fresh Food Section

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 4435
Last post November 14, 2008, 05:24:50 AM
by TechnicianBrian
Whirlpool GSS26C4XXY04 freezing up in fresh food compartment

Started by highestfi

Replies: 0
Views: 1355
Last post August 15, 2014, 11:07:26 AM
by highestfi
GE Profile fridge warm and freezer cold. Fresh food fans not working.

Started by mpfyreman

Replies: 1
Views: 1830
Last post November 19, 2014, 12:51:21 AM
by mpfyreman
Whirlpool fresh food warm defrost works

Started by rabjr01

Replies: 3
Views: 498
Last post December 29, 2014, 05:48:58 PM
by rabjr01
freezing food in refrigerator Whirlpool model WSR26C3EXF01