Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore 400 series dryer motor problem  (Read 635 times)

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Kenmore 400 series dryer motor problem
« on: January 03, 2016, 05:45:11 PM »

A person called me to ask for help via telephone about a dryer motor that was apparently damaged when we had a power outage in our area last week with the ice storm. The only info she could could provide was that the dryer which is electric was a 400 series Kenmore. Unless and until I get more info or go to the persons house which is a long way from me,  I dont have much to go on except she says it was working properly before the power outage and now it will not operate. I am asking any other readers if they have any experience with this model or damage to a dryer motor due to a power outage. I suspect I am not getting the whole story .

Offline Repair_man

• Technician
Re: Kenmore 400 series dryer motor problem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 08:37:42 AM »
This situation is what I call mission impossible. I absolutely refuse to do diagnosis over the phone. Go take a look at it or you are "just guessing"
Certified by the ESCO institute as a EPA Universal Technician
Certified NASTeC Technician and Certified by the Professional Service Association as an Certified Appliance Professional
Owner and Lead Technician of Appliance Pro Appliance Repair