Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Cabrio Washing Machine Error Codes  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Malibu918

• VIP Member
Whirlpool Cabrio Washing Machine Error Codes
« on: October 07, 2015, 01:30:35 PM »

I need help determining the approximate cost to repair for a 6 year old Whirlpool Cabrio top load washing machine (I do not know the exact model, was purchased in July 2009).  It's having all kinds of issues, so I ran the diagnostic test and the error codes displayed are F2 E1

I know it's impossible to determine exact cost, but don't really want to have someone charge me to come out to the house to tell me it's going to be a few hundred bucks to repair. 

Any help you can provide would be great! Thank you!

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Whirlpool Cabrio Washing Machine Error Codes
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 03:02:29 PM »
unplug it, reset all the connections on the UI and main board. If problem returns you are looking at a new UI control.
Cost will determine on who you call, where you live, if you are doing the repair, where you buy the part.
Too many variables. Let us know how you make out

Offline Malibu918

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 10:21:51 PM »
So I'm completely mechanically impaired and have no idea what "resetting connections on the UI and main board" means...or even what UI stands for. I was thrilled I figured out how to get the codes! If you could seriously dumb it down for me, I would appreciate it.

Needless to say, I would not be doing the repair, and would need to pay someone to order and fix anything.

Offline bud

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 10:08:41 AM »
So I'm completely mechanically impaired and have no idea what "resetting connections on the UI and main board" means...or even what UI stands for. I was thrilled I figured out how to get the codes! If you could seriously dumb it down for me, I would appreciate it.

Needless to say, I would not be doing the repair, and would need to pay someone to order and fix anything.

UI is your touchpad (User Interface). You have to open the control housing. Disconnect the touchpad for 5 minutes or so. Reconnect and try the washer again. Without the model # it's hard to give an exact price. But if you're not doing the repair expect to pay at least a couple of hundred dollars if the touchpad needs to be replaced.

Whirlpool Cabrio - ERROR CODES ??

Started by Blaiser

Replies: 2
Views: 2348
Last post November 21, 2013, 06:51:01 AM
by Blaiser
Kenmore (Whirlpool) washing machine will not agitate

Started by autumdove

Replies: 3
Views: 8479
Last post November 24, 2007, 10:18:04 PM
by rickgburton