Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Over-level water error Samsung DW80F600UTS  (Read 60083 times)

Offline Rdforberg

• VIP Member
Over-level water error Samsung DW80F600UTS
« on: December 14, 2014, 08:59:49 AM »

Hi Everyone - I've been struggling to figure out how to fix this error. After I start a cycle after a minute I get the "smart auto" and "heavy" lights flashing which my owners manual tells me is a "over-level" water error. I detached the machine from the wall and cleaned everything thoroughly thinking some food wash blocking a valve but this didn't work. After I put it back together, I ran it without any dishes. It ran for almost a full cycle before flashing the lights again, draining, and shutting down. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Over-level water error Samsung DW80F600UTS
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 09:54:48 AM »
I've changed any and everything on these machines for this error, sometimes twice. No help from sammy when I called. Good luck. How old is the machine and how long has it been happenin .

Offline Rdforberg

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 09:58:11 AM »
It's been happening on a off for about a week. Now it doesn't even run a full cycle. Machine is less than a year old and was purchased by the previous homeowners in January this year. 

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • My cuss. A LOT.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 11:30:50 AM »
It's under warranty. Call Samsung and have them send a tech. Most likely needs the case assembly and/or main pcb. Like Domain, I've replaced everything on this model and it'll work for a few days and the problem comes back. I have gotten samsung to replace them after multiple attempts.
LowSL2
18+ Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience
Former $ears/a$e tech

Offline Rdforberg

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 03:01:55 PM »
Ok. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Looks like their office is closed right now. My only concern is that I'm not the original purchaser. I bought this house a few months ago however the previous owner left the receipt. Are you aware of any issues I might run into because of this? Thanks for the response.

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • My cuss. A LOT.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 09:40:42 PM »
It's yours, I would just tell them your name and the date of purchase on the receipt so it's in warranty.
LowSL2
18+ Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience
Former $ears/a$e tech

Offline Rdforberg

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
Hi All. - I just thought I'd post a follow up here. My dw has been fixed, for now, and the tech said samsung redesigned a few of the faulty parts that were replaced. On my receipt it says ecs sensor, main Pcb, and ass-y case brake. Hopefully that will help someone if they have a similar issue down the line. I'll post a follow up if the dw breaks again but regardless, thanks for everyone's help.

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »
That is great to hear!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 12:09:07 PM »
Would you happen to have part number on your receipt you could share with us?

Offline Rdforberg

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 01:20:19 PM »
Sure. Ecs sensor DD82-01118a / main Pcb DD92-00033c / case brake DD82-01111a

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 03:55:03 PM »
Thanks for the update and part numbers.

Offline GreenhawK

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 03:12:47 PM »
I had this same error.  I changed all 3 of these same part numbers, and it has been working perfectly since.  I think the dishwasher has been having trouble for a while now that I have it fixed.  The dishes are drying better than they have been for a long time.

Offline crzie4lif

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 11:28:45 AM »
did you replace one part at a time for process of elimination for your Samsung dishwasher over level water error? Our dishwasher is 2 years old and at first I had a drain issue warning and then it went to the Over level water error. I have replaced the following.

A/S Assy-Sensor (DD82-01118A) first then the Assy Sensor Leak (DD94-01062A) then A/S Assy-Case Brake (DD82-01111A)

ran it and it ran for a good 10-15 minutes before it gave the beeping sound for the Over Level water error however it kept running. I am unsure if it actually completed a full cycle or not but it did continue running. At the end the Heavy and Smart Auto lights were still blinking. so I would hate to spend the money for the Main PCB if that's not going to fix the issue.

Offline scottesh

• Technician
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 05:54:44 PM »
here is a service bulletin that says something close to the issues stated here.

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 07:04:35 PM »
I dont think that applies to overlevel water but rather no water. Thanks

Offline hotsho96

• VIP Member
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 06:22:22 AM »
I'm brand new to the forum...thank you all for the great postings  :thanks:

** Check the water pump for obstructions before deciding to purchase additional parts **

My wife and I own a SAMSUNG DW80F600UTS which started flashing the SMART Auto/Heavy lights while the inner tube was full of water. I drained the machine, disassemble the "saucer", cleaned all components looking for foreign objects and couldn't find anything out of place, so I reassembled it. I flipped the machine on the side, took cover off and gain access to the ECS Sensor. It seemed in good shape (not cracked, burned, etc.) so I removed it, cleaned it and plugged it back in.

As I was about to replace the cover, I decided to take a look at the water pump to ensure it was clean. Once I removed it (twist and pull out)  I found a piece of small bone  :oops: which somehow had managed to logged itself in the propeller fins and the side wall, no doubt keeping the pump from turning. We had chicken for dinner the night before (my sons are very notorious for not rinsing the dishes prior to placing them in dishwasher) so I realized this could be the problem.

I removed the bone and rotated the fins to ensure the motor was not turning too loose...it seemed fine. I reassembled everything, left machine outside cubicle, connected all hoses and power, turned it on or "NORMAL" cycle and it completed it successfully. I then ran the other cycles (Auto, Heavy and Delicate) and all were completed.  O0

Hope this helps...and don't forget to remind the young ones to RINSE THE DISHES before loading the machine (LoL).  ;D

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:23:51 AM by hotsho96 »

Offline kinglunalilo

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 03:59:26 AM »
This video seems relevant to over flow issues or "fill level water error" which she had.  Is this part the same a fill water switch that regulates the water supply and tells the water when water is to shut off?

Dishwasher Water Panel Replacement - Youtube
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 04:16:47 AM by kinglunalilo »

Offline donley007

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »
Just FYI - I had the same over level water error. Swapped out the case brake assembly half an hour ago - she's runnin' like a dream.

Thanks for all the great info! :cheers:

Offline Grifew

• VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 12:51:10 PM »
The post above is correct in that it is one of three parts that failed and caused the error.  But the technician should have diagnosed which part failed, instead of charging to replace all three parts.  Understand first how these three parts work together.  As water fills the dishwasher, the primary ecs sensor  at the bottom of the dishwasher will trip when the water is at the proper level, telling the control board to turn off the water.  If the ecs sensor fails, then the water  will not cut off,  The water level will continue to rise, in the dishwasher, until the secondary sensor in the case break trips.  The case break sensor tripping causes the over water level  indicator.
To diagnose, pull the machine out slightly and remove the left side panel.  The case break sensor is on the lower right part of the clear plastic case.  Then run the dishwasher.  Watch the water level near the case break sensor.  If you see water reaching all the way to the sensor when the failure occurs, then the primary ecs sensor failed and needs replaced.  If water does not reach the case break sensor, then do the next step to determine if the board or case break sensor is bad.  Follow the wires from the case break sensor till you find the wire connector.  Then disconnect the wire.  Then run the dishwasher again.  This action will disable the case break sensor.  If dishwasher runs normally, then the case break assembly (with sensor) needs replaced.  If dishwasher still is coming up with an error, then it's the control board.  With this last step, be ready to turn off the dishwasher.  As in a rare case the ecs sensor fails, the dishwasher will flood your house as you have just disabled the backup sensor.
From what I have read, in most cases a failure of the case break sensor leads to the over water level error.  That was also the failure in my dishwasher as well.

Offline dp28688

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 06:09:30 PM »
OK  so i tried trouble shooting above.  My washer seems to fill and drain twice then throw the code.  So i see the level get to switch and drain. I tried a new case brake no luck.  My unit has no ecs sensor. so maybe a rev change?  it does have a metal probe. thermistor.  https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/DD3200005A/2077424

think that does the same thing as ecs should i try that next?

one side test. it does run regularly when i disconnected the float. its fill maybe 15 extra seconds after reaching the top then the wash cycle starts and i plugged the float back in after cycle started..