I read a report that stated front loaders consume 48% less energy per year than top loaders and get the cloths dryer.
However there are some negatives:
1) they run generally twice as long and do not get badly soiled cloths clean
2) they will cost more to maintain and will need total replacement after more than 6 years of operation
3) The 3 phase motor is less than 1/3 hp and the unit will drop out if too many cloths are put in.
4) they usually are more difficult to repair and it will take longer to find a qualified service person
5) More prone to pump failures and lint clogs
Any thoughts on this.