This fridge has the side to side feeler arm (paddle).
I have this issue where the icemaker was making too much ice.
There seems to be a field kit available to replace the feeler arm (paddle)....has bigger or curved paddle.
I removed mine only to see what the part # was but now not sure how to re-install...i.e. stationary position of the paddle when there is no ice.
Before I took it out I was pretty sure the paddle was to the left and tucked under the maker, maybe not all the way to the left though.....the screw was maybe too tight!!!
I put it back together but seemed to want to stick out to the right over top the middle of the tray.......no ice this time.
Re-installed yet again but this time it was in the middle position, to the right but not all the way out.....now there is ice.
If I understood how it works I could fix this in a heart beat....
1. When the paddle is moved all the way to the left (tucked way under the maker) is this On or Off?
2. What position should the paddle be in when there is no ice?
3. I gather I need to swing the paddle to the proper stationary position before tightening the screw?
4. The spring seems to want the paddle to move to the right....is this correct?
5. Safe to presume the micro switch is only left to right and not up and down also?......thought I heard some clicking but maybe not.
Attached is a diagram of what I have tried and not tried, top view with paddle position.