Make/Model: Maytag Bravos XL
Model Number: MVWB880BW0
Placed in service: June 2015
I noticed that the washer has developed an intermittent knocking noise during the agitation portion of the wash cycle. This new noise is in addition to the normal operating sounds of the wash plate/impeller.
1. The noise seems to occur more often when the wash plate is changing from a clockwise to counterclockwise position.
2. I can move the wash plate a tad while in a stopped position. When I manually manipulate the wash plate both clockwise and counterclockwise, I can re-create a similar noise.
3. The noise didn't sound like money but I pulled the wash plate off and removed any overlooked coins trapped under there. That didn't solve the problem.
4. Drum spins freely. No apparent bearing issues.
5. Washer otherwise operates normally.
If anyone could provide an idea of what the issue may be, or any additional troubleshooting instructions, that would be fantastic.