Author Topic: Head scratcher  (Read 1233 times)

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
Head scratcher
« on: May 14, 2012, 04:44:35 PM »
Front load washer, ge design model # wcvh68coj1ww.  Could possibly be wcvh6800j1ww. Checked it twice. Problem- starts on normal wash, pump drains and drains and drains. That's all. Will not go into diagnostic mode. Drain tube was split,water and soap all over bottom, in and around mcu board. With this unit only wanting to drain, mcu board is suspect, but with unit not wanting to go into a diagnostic mode sounds like main board. Any ideas?

Offline ubreakitifixit

• Technician
Re: Head scratcher
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 06:54:55 PM »
water in and or around the mcu is a major problem if the water has effected any component in the mcu. I dont have specific details or instructions to offer, but with a good tech sheet or wiring diagram you should be able to test voltage from the mcu during the normal wash and look for chsanges or anything not the way it should be. It is very possible that water in the mcu could cause damage to the main control board. Sometimes you replace one and not long after that tou have to replace the other. Are there any signs of actual water damage or burn marks on the board? Water stains? Im on my phone so i cant pull up manuals or diagrams, but if everything is digital and electronically controlled, whatever is sending the signal to drain or stop draining or even advance to the next cycle is going to be the problem. Also depends if the motor and pump are one in the same or if they are seperate.

Sry if i didnt help u any

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 08:37:34 AM »
What did you end up finding wrong with this one?
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »
Customer decided to buy new. I've got washer at my shop. Haven't got around to looking at it.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »
Does this model have a moisture detection switch on the floor? I have heard of just removing the water makes them work again. If water is detected below the control keeps the pump turned on on some models.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »
I'll look into that, thanks.