Author Topic: samsung rsh5ubbp service repair manual  (Read 1281 times)

Offline scottlefley

• VIP Member
samsung rsh5ubbp service repair manual
« on: May 13, 2012, 04:00:56 AM »
Hi there,

new to this forum but seen that it has some great advice and information, wondered if anyone has a service repair manual for  a samsung rsh5ubbp side by side fridge/freezer. In the process of trying to reset the filter replacement indicator  I appear to have made the fridge or freezer no longer cool properly!! I  downloaded some guides for older models but was wondering if there is one for this model so i make sure i 'reset' everything correctly.

Any help gratefully received.

scott

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Re: samsung rsh5ubbp service repair manual
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 05:57:51 AM »
Hi,

I took a look at what I had and could not find a service manual for that model.
Maybe another member will be able to locate one for us.

What's wrong with the refrigerator?

Offline scottlefley

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 06:39:02 AM »
Hi,

it appears that neither the fridge or the freezer are cooling down, even though the digital readout on the front says they are at the correct tempaeratures. When you check inside the fridge or freezer neither are very cold, also it appeasr that the appliance isnt making enough noise if that makes sense, seems very quiet. I checked another manual and it appeasr i could have accidently messed up some settings by holding down the wrong buttons for too long, but not sure which one si held down!

I checked and it appears there is a 'showroom mode' which i though ti could have activated, so i have tried to de-activate it, (holding down the poer freeze button and freezer temp button) and now the ff thinks its cooling down so i shall wait and see if that was the problem. Not sure though.  :(

fingers crossed is hall keep this thread updated with the outcome in case its of use to somone else who like me is a little trigger happy with the buttons!!!

Offline scoteddie

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 12:31:43 PM »
It is unlikely that you caused any bother by pushing buttons ( though for future reference, unplugging from the supply for 5 mins and plugging back in will overide any mis hit settings )
This fault you have sounds like a defrost failure ; Once they enter defrost, if temperature increase isnt detected within certain period of time, it will shut down - this is usually confirmed by unit shutting down every 24 hours or so and if you switch supply off and back on, will run until defrost shuts down again 24 hours or so later .If this is the case, it could be either defrost heater failed in the freezer section or defrost sensor failed , or possibly broken/loose wiring .
If you are trying to fix yourself, please play safe and power down before removing any panels

Offline scottlefley

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 01:43:39 PM »
Hi,

thanks for the response, i should have posted earlier to say its all fixed! luckily it was still under warranty so we called samsung UK and they suggested turning it off for 2 hours and then switching on and setting the temperatures fro freezer and fridge to 21 and 4 respectively. it appears that this has done the job, the fridge and freezer have both kept their temps since monday and all seems OK now, thankfully! This might be useful info for anyone else who has a similar problem and certainly worth a go if they find themselves in a similar situation.

Dont worry i was never intending of poking around in the back of the unit as i know how dangerous that can be given i managed to defrost the the thing in the first place just by pressing buttons!! believw me i am now banned from touching the thing now by the missus!!

Anyways, thansk for the repsonses and hopefully this post will help someone else who g=finds themselves tinkiering with the buttins after a couple of glasses of the old vino  :)

scott

Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1978
Last post October 06, 2011, 09:00:29 PM
by AJ
Samsung Bottom-Mounted Freezer Refrigerator Repair Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1302
Last post October 06, 2011, 10:07:57 PM