Author Topic: GE Bottom Mount with Inverter  (Read 719 times)

Offline rickgburton

• Technician
  • Ricks Appliance Repair - 30 Years Experience
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
GE Bottom Mount with Inverter
« on: May 11, 2012, 08:29:26 AM »
GE BOTTOM MOUNT COMPRESSOR WITH INVERTER
When checking inverter voltage output, connect the test-meter leads to any 2 of the 3 compressor lead wires at the inverter plug (plug should be connected). The same reading should be measured between any 2 of the 3 wires. The inverter controls compressor speed by frequency variation and by Pulse Width Modulation (PWM). Changing frequency and PWM will cause an effective voltage between 80 and 230 VAC to be received at the compressor.
The inverter receives commands from the main control board. The main control board will send a PWM run signal from the J15 connector of between 4-6 VDC effective voltage to the inverter (all wires must be connected). The inverter will select compressor speed (voltage output) based on this signal.
The main control board will only send a run signal to the inverter when the compressor should be on.
Note: When measuring signal voltage (from the main control board) at the inverter, a reading of 4-6 VDC will be measured with all wires connected.
The inverter will monitor compressor operation and if the compressor fails to start or excessive current draw (4 amps maximum) is detected, the inverter will briefly stop voltage output. The inverter will then make 12 consecutive compressor start attempts (once every 12 seconds). After 12 attempts, if the compressor has not started, an 8-minute count will initiate. After the 8-minute count, the inverter will attempt to start the compressor again. If the compressor starts, normal operation will resume. If the compressor fails to start, this process will be repeated. Removing power to the unit will reset the inverter count. When power is restored, the inverter will attempt to start the compressor within 8 seconds
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:31:24 AM by rickgburton »
OWNER/SERV TECH: RICK'S APPLIANCE REPAIR
APPLIANCE SERVICE TECHNICIAN FOR 25 YEARS
ONLINE SERV TECH: ApplianceBlog.com ApplianceJunk.com
CERTIFIED TYPE 1; TYPE 2.....REFRIGERATION SERV

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: GE Bottom Mount with Inverter
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 09:37:31 AM »
Excellent info.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

KAR-17 KitchenAid Built-In French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1996
Last post August 20, 2009, 01:04:31 PM
by AJ
KAR-16 KitchenAid French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 2172
Last post August 20, 2009, 01:07:58 PM