Author Topic: Samsung RF266AERS what should actual temperature of freezer be?  (Read 111 times)

Offline Joepilot14

• VIP Member
Hey Back again on the board after my April Sealed system issue.  For the past week my ice maker has not been keeping up with making ice.  I did the test/reset and it would dump ice whenever I would remember to make it.  Also, decided to try to figure why some items were freezing in the fridge and found out about a design issue. I just experienced the "infamous Samsung" underneath-the-slide-out-drawer-of-fridge-puddle-of-water-better-check-the-evaporator-drain-because-their-is-a-block-of-ice-covering-it issue.  I am wondering if my cooler freezer temperature could have also been affected by this. I know they are independent systems. Also wondering what the temperature should of the freezer should read after unplugging unit.  I have the standard settings of 38F and -2F.  After working on excess frost removal from the freezer evap temp was initially 42, has been empty and running closed for a few hours and temp now says 27F. Will it really go down to -2F?

Sorry it's wordy but thanks for your help in advance

Offline domain

• Technician
Re: Samsung RF266AERS what should actual temperature of freezer be?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 07:03:30 PM »
When properly working, the actual temp should be within 5 degrees Fahrenheit or so

Offline Joepilot14

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 08:02:51 PM »
So can I trust the temps that are shown on the panel?  After I unplugged it, waited a minute and plugged back in, I initially got 47F fridge and 28 freezer. After :10mins 43 and 23 after 1 hour 38(temp selected) and +1 (-4 selected) As a sidenote, no faults were noted after pressing both Power Freeze and Cool and no ice has dropped yet(7 hours of freezer on and closed). I am beginning to wonder if the temp in freezer is not getting the ice cold enough to sense to twist and drop. Thoughts?
Thanks

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 08:05:47 PM »
Samsungs do not TRULY display actual temp. Some others do.

Offline Joepilot14

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 07:59:36 AM »
Alright good to know.  I have been wanting to buy an infrared thermometer for awhile, maybe this will be the reason to finally buy.  Overnight I left only a few items in the freezer. My guess is the temperature is somewhere just below freezing. I forced the ice tray to cycle, the cubes were 3/4 frozen some water came out as well.  Am I on the road of the sealed system problem again or could it be the main board not telling the evap to get it colder? I saw another poster had that issue but had the flashing temps, which I do not, yet.
Thanks

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 03:51:49 PM »
As always, is impossible for me to tell you what's wrong with your fridge from over here. But I'd bet on sealed system vs any electronics on your issue. Infrared thermometers are not my favorite. Cheap dial thermometers should work.

Samsung Refrigerator Freezer Temperature Sensor Broke off 1E Error Code

Started by chickenwarrior

Replies: 3
Views: 527
Last post August 25, 2014, 01:59:31 PM
by chickenwarrior
rb193kasw samsung bottom freezer model (freezer fan not coming on)

Started by halfblack

Replies: 12
Views: 5684
Last post April 10, 2010, 06:05:57 PM
by JWWebster
Freezer not staying constant temperature

Started by jkerr11

Replies: 1
Views: 1260
Last post October 19, 2010, 10:39:59 PM
by JWWebster
SAMSUNG. Help please. My freezer is not working well

Started by ronnyruiz

Replies: 2
Views: 11205
Last post August 17, 2011, 02:32:45 PM
by ronnyruiz
Samsung Bottom-Mounted Freezer Refrigerator Repair Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1964
Last post October 06, 2011, 10:07:57 PM
by AJ
SAMSUNG RS21HD side by side freezer temp swing range?

Started by ting

Replies: 4
Views: 1220
Last post January 26, 2012, 03:58:34 AM
by RegUS_PatOff