Free Service - Appliance Repair Help & Troubleshooting

Author Topic: GE Profile french door model pfss5njwass not cooling well  (Read 8 times)

Online mmieczkowski

• VIP Member
I have a GE Profile french door / bottom drawer freezer model pfss5njwass that has started acting up. Last month it stopped cooling entirely. control from the mother board to the inverter board checked out and the resistance at the compressor terminals were within spec so I replaced the inverter board. (NOTE: this is the second time I have replaced that board).

This time around replacing the inverter board only kinda fixed the problem. The unit started cooling again but it did so very, very slowly. It took all night to cool the unit back down to the correct temp and it took a very long time to cool down to set temp when in normal use. The unit was still cooling, just doing it way too slowly.

This morning, temp sensors read 16/60 F. set points are 0/37.

Cold air is felt coming out of vent inside refrigerator compartment. The refrigerator is cooling. It's just doing it too slowly to be effective. The freezer is doing a little better but it too cannot reach a cold enough temp.

I was thinking it might be the evaporator fan motor but given the symptoms I wonder if the compressor is not running correctly. The compressor feels quite hot to the touch. I suppose it is also possible that the coolant needs to be recharged. There is a purge valve on the back of the compressor so it isn't a sealed unit. could a simple recharge fix it?

funds are really tight right now, I could really use some DIY advice.

thanks!

Ge profile French door fridge/bottom freezer drawer model Pfs22sbsbss acting up

Started by pgartner

Replies: 2
Views: 449
Last post October 21, 2015, 08:01:21 PM
by pgartner
Buying a new refrigerator - looking at LG French door model ?

Started by rkpatt

Replies: 4
Views: 3490
Last post May 27, 2015, 08:23:29 PM
by Caddy4343
LG FRENCH DOOR FRIDGE AREA NOT COOLING FREEZER WORKS

Started by matts1123

Replies: 16
Views: 13393
Last post July 11, 2015, 08:29:49 AM
by wrnch2
model KFIS29bbb100 french door