Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Ice and water dispensers not working

<< < (2/2)

Pegi:
This should be close, WW instead of SS, tells the color but may not be for your exact model, however about down to seeing if you have voltage to that board in the disp area from that control in the food compartment....you will need a volt meter/stick..remember that door switch does cut power when the door is opened...I would still be taking a closer look at those wires thru the hinge area, need to see if you have lost voltage to the disp area or if that board in the freezer door is toast...

http://partsfiles.tap.net/Refrigerator/KSCS25INWH00.pdf

GM:
Thanks Pegi for your help and the parts file attachment. 

I taped the light switch closed and wiggled the door wires hoping I would get at least an intermittent connection.....nothing.  I think I need to go inside.  The parts file shows the front cover and the Whirlpool manual #R92 on this web site describes how to test the control switches but it says to remove the overflow grill and remove the screws to take the front cover off. 

Problem: on my model there doesn't appear to be any screws holding the front cover on.  Does it snap into the door?  How do I remove it without damaging it ($95.00 part!!!) ??  I have a volt/ohm meter and once inside I think the instructions in the manual will get me through it.....I appreciate your help....Thanks

Pegi:
The problem may be that the pdf I posted for you is not an exact to your model number as I mentioned, we will need to find the one for yours to see if it is different at the disp area...

Pegi:
Ok Sears has no information on that exact model number, no clue about where to go from here..

AJ:

--- Quote from: GM on August 30, 2007, 08:40:56 PM ---The parts file shows the front cover and the Whirlpool manual #R92 on this web site describes how to test the control switches but it says to remove the overflow grill and remove the screws to take the front cover off. 

Problem: on my model there doesn't appear to be any screws holding the front cover on.  Does it snap into the door?  How do I remove it without damaging it ($95.00 part!!!) ?? 

--- End quote ---

If it just snaps off you should see a couple slots on the bottom side were you can put a flate blade screwdriver and pop it off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version