Author Topic: Danby DWC283BLS-1 not cooling  (Read 8331 times)

Offline rgroves

• VIP Member
Re: Danby DWC283BLS-1 not cooling
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 03:01:20 PM »
There are 3 fans inside the fridge.  1 in the upper, two in the middle - one of them moves air between the lower to upper, the other directs air between the rear to the lower.

The fan in the upper area wasn't spinning at any time, the other two were.  I switched the connections around and found that whatever fan is plugged into the connection for the upper compartment will not spin.

I also found that there is a second humidty/temparature sensor sitting next to the fan that directs air from the rear to the lower compartment.  I then re-connected the original sensor that I replaced earlier (it's in upper compartment) and swapped this new one for the othe sensor i found.

The fridge is running right now, and I'll see what happens in another day or so.  I'm pretty sure the issue with the fans means there is a problem with the control board, and this could also be causing the temps to read wrong (or not at all).   

Should I be looking to replace the controller or scrap the fridge?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »
Wait and see if she gonna work right.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline rgroves

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »
Just an update.  1 day later and the temps are not moving.  The temps started @ 77/76 and right now they've been @ 75/74 for the last 12 hours. 

There is no ice buildup on the inside like in th previous pics I posted.

I'm going to let it run till tomorrow morning, and if the temps are not any better I'm going to unplug it.

Based on this, do I need to consider replacing the controller board, as well as the second sensor?  I'd like to know so I can either start shopping for another fridge (as an upcoming birthday gift for myself), or put that money into more parts, and hope they work?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 08:31:51 PM »
Dude I would so chunck that hunk of junk.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline rgroves

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 08:37:54 PM »
Alrighty then.... 

Any suggestions for a replacement that works under-counter and is no wider than 20 inches?

KitchenAid Built-In Overheating / Not cooling

Started by hondoman

Replies: 1
Views: 2192
Last post October 06, 2008, 05:42:54 AM
by Repair-man
No heat and cooling fan cycling.

Started by Rararat

Replies: 1
Views: 1372
Last post December 21, 2008, 07:56:42 PM
by Repair-man