Forum > Dryer Repair

Admiral Dryer AED4475TQ1 stopped running PLEASE HELP!!

<< < (2/2)

madgreek:
yes all the items listed in my original post have been replaced. they are all new since those are the most common problems.

madgreek:
well i tested the timer i do not have tone between the light blue wire or the black wire. So I guess I need a timer?

Ol' Lonely:
Sounds right and it's about the only part you have not replaced.

Your model uses Timer Part # W10185972

JWWebster:
Take the timer apart and look for a burr. Most times the heater contacts fry but the motor contacts are not so severe. To remove the cover plate you must first remove the small shank ring from around the plate. If you fail to do so you may not be able to get her back together if you manage to file down the burr.

ajdarrah:

--- Quote from: tgoods on April 21, 2012, 11:49:13 PM ---Set the timer for Timed Dry. Check the timer for continuity between the black wire and light blue wire.  No continuity means bad timer.  Check for power at the motor.  You should have 120vac between 4M and 6M.  With the start button pressed you should have 120vac between 4M and 5M.

I've seen a few intermittent thermal fuses.  Check for a 120vac voltage drop between the thermal fuse terminals with the start button pressed.

--- End quote ---

I do not get 120vac between 4m and 5m with the button pressed, what does this mean?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version