Author Topic: kitchen aid kscs25fkss01 leaking from ice maker  (Read 300 times)

Offline tobers

• VIP Member
kitchen aid kscs25fkss01 leaking from ice maker
« on: November 20, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »
Our refrigerator just started leaking out of the ice maker port in the back. made a mess and is messing up my oak floors. The white tube (3/4"?) inside of the freezer was frozen.

another bit of information: We had to replace our main water supply line, so the water has been off and on quite a bit lately.

So after reading some on the internet it appears that interruptions in water pressure would cause this. So i used a hair dryer to dethaw it the white tube. The tube "squished" and there were no ice pieces in it. I hooked it up, thinking that would do it.

It still leaks.

The water pressure to house seems good, and also the line to the ice maker seems to have a strong stream. It's like it is still blocked in that tube. Water doesn't flow in, but leaks out.

next steps? is it possible I didn't get it thawed? water valve? did I need to cycle the ice maker?

thank you!  rick

Offline tobers

• VIP Member
Re: kitchen aid kscs25fkss01 leaking from ice maker
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:04:10 PM »
Problem solved. The first time I used the hair dryer I reached in and thawed the exposed tube. I thought I had it all thawed, but when I reinstalled the water line in the rear of the fridge, water still leaked out of the back.

Two weeks later, after much thought, I removed the ice maker and discovered there was a block of ice in the far back of the fridge, beyond the tube. With the ice maker removed I was able to to reach the back section, and thawed it and the tube. This time, using a syringe, I actually tested that water could flow from the back of the fridge through the tube. Then I put it back together. Now water leaked out the front ice dispenser! ugh.

A week later and after more thought I removed the ice maker and discovered there was also a block of ice in the ice maker itself, where the water exits the tube. This was causing the water to come out of the tube, bounce out of the ice maker, and flow down into the ice bin,  draining through the ice dispenser opening in the front door. I thawed this block of ice in the ice maker, and put it back together.

Finally, after 30 minutes, and with all of the ice melted (finally), it began to work perfectly. No leaks. :cheers:

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: kitchen aid kscs25fkss01 leaking from ice maker
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 10:16:46 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the update.  O0
Hope you find our website helpful.

KSRG25FKSS16 Kitchen Aid ice maker problem

Started by jam

Replies: 3
Views: 5461
Last post December 06, 2008, 09:49:26 PM
by JWWebster
Water inlet to ice maker leaking

Started by wakkoguy

Replies: 6
Views: 3578
Last post February 05, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
by BrntToast
KITCHEN AID ICE MAKER WON'T EJECT ICE

Started by MOORE2700

Replies: 4
Views: 1335
Last post February 21, 2012, 01:16:18 PM
by bigbuck
Hotpoint Refrigerator Ice Maker Leaking

Started by crossroadsapp

Replies: 4
Views: 1383
Last post November 28, 2012, 02:14:05 PM
by dab147315
GE TFX20JR is leaking water and the ice maker has never been hooked up

Started by mosaicchick

Replies: 2
Views: 842
Last post July 01, 2013, 10:47:41 PM
by lesguns
Video: See if your Whirlpool Ice maker infrared optics control is working.

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 46882
Last post August 01, 2007, 12:21:37 PM
by AJ