Forum > Dryer Repair

Squeaky Maytag Dryer

(1/2) > >>

AJ:
Complaint: Dryer makes a loud squeaky noise

Unplugged the dryer and removed the front panel. Next I removed the tumbler front and pulled the drum forward just enough to see the back drum rollers. A turned the drum rollers by hand and the one above the heating element made a bad squeaky noise.

Solution: Removed the old rollers. Cleaned up the shafts with some WD40. Replace both Drum Rollers with a couple new ones.

Model DE212

JWWebster:
Them dang rollers are costly aint they? I woulda oiled that sucker. what is that part number 303383 or something like that? 18 bucks apiece. Pretty hefty.

AJ:
Factory part number is 12001541
Sometime you can get by with just some WD40, but seems like anytime I try that a month later I'm right back there again for the same thing. New drum rollers the first time around works wonders for call backs.

theoldstoveguy:
I have found Royal Purple gun & fishing reel oil works better than any oil I have ever used. It is all synthetic & holds up under heat & cold better. That roller being above the element gets excessive heat & this oil will hold up better. Hope that helps.

JWWebster:
I will remove the roller and see if it is OK. I will sand down the shaft and oil it with zoom oil. It will be better than new.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version