Author Topic: Jade/Maytag Side by Side Refrigerator  (Read 1874 times)

Offline davefromrockaway

• VIP Member
Jade/Maytag Side by Side Refrigerator
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:35:20 PM »
Hello-

I have learned alot of valuable service from your forum & your website for repairs I made to my washer.  Now I am having serious trouble with my Maytag/Jade refrigerator. Model RJRS4281B.    A while back, the lights in the refrigerator all went out, freezer lights stayed on, the ice/water controls on the freezer door all went down as well.  Still makes ice. At the same time, 2 lower fresh side drawers, each with their own temp control, froze everything.  So we emptied them.    The control assembly at top inside of the fresh side with touch screen for temperature settings is the diagnostic start. This is not responding to touch controls. The freezer temp is measured at 0F, and the lights work properly inside,  but two days ago the fresh side dropped to 20F and froze many things.  First troubleshoot instruction is to hold fresh side door switch shut and press "power interrupt" 3X to get into diagnostic mode. This does not work.   I am not clear which part I should replace.      Thank you

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Jade/Maytag Side by Side Refrigerator
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »
Since that ice box has electronic controls that tells me them fancytronics has sensors mounted inside the ice box. I would check or replace them sensors first. The control uses these sensors to determine defrost. I looked it up and it has one:
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/67001995/1006748?modelNumber=RJRS4281B
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:49:24 PM »
Number 16 appears to mount in the air duct between fresh and freezer. If it is off spec it won't send back correct resistance readings to the computer processor.

Captain we have a problem. What is it Spock and don't tell me you need another prescription refill from planet V.
Sensors are sending back irratic signals freezing the baby's milk and the Budweiser.
Grab an ice chest Spock; we need to save that beer  :rofl:
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline davefromrockaway

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:47:07 AM »
Thank you to SublimeMasterJW for the replies. I will work on these parts and let you know how I made out.  I really enjoy your site.

Offline davefromrockaway

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:49:54 AM »
I replaced the thermister. The new part has a short wire and ends in a sensor; the original was longer and ended in a screw-eye that was screwed to the wall like a groundwire. But the business end matched, so I plugged it in. No splicing, far end is dangling.

When I turned the power back on, lights that had been off in the fresh side came on suddenly, then I heard mild clicking in the big black box (where the real business is conducted) above the freezer/cold compartments, and the lights went out.  But the touch control in the fresh side seems to be responding, so the thermister did something.  All fresh side lights have stayed out and 2 bottom drawers (each with their own temp settings, lights and touch panels) are dark.  Also ice/water dispenser (also has its own lights and touch panel) is still dark.

Maytag refrigerator side by side ices up at freezer hole on refrigerator side.

Started by robjoder

Replies: 5
Views: 1785
Last post July 03, 2011, 06:52:28 PM
by Ironhorse
RS1300005 Maytag Amana Performa Side By Side Refrigerator 22, 24, & 26 Cu. Ft. Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 993
Last post December 06, 2011, 03:41:17 PM
by AJ
16025991 Maytag International Side by Side Refrigerator Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 667
Last post August 23, 2012, 06:44:08 PM
by AJ
Side by Side Refrigerator - Model: frs6r5embf