Author Topic: Maytag Refrigerator Manual Needed  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Maytag Refrigerator Manual Needed
« on: March 29, 2012, 10:56:30 AM »
Looking for a Maytag Refrigerator Service Manual - Model #MFD2560HEW.

Got a unit here that got Zapped by Surge - Freezer works but can't get the Evaporator Fan to Run - Just installed a NEW Evaporator Fan Motor but it won't turn on. Bench test and it works... Door Switches are functional.  Thank You!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: Maytag Refrigerator Manual Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:25:34 AM »
Service manual sent via PM.

Let us know what you find wrong with it.
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 06:09:02 PM »
AJ,

How to I access the file you sent me. I have drop box installed but can't view it. I'm new to drop box?

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »
I just sent you a new link, try that one.
I made some changes to our dropbox today and I think that killed the other link.

You should just have to click on the new link in your PM to access it.

Let me know if that works for you.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:14:12 PM »
AJ,

That was correct, your original link was killed. The second try was GOLDEN! Works perfectly.  Thank You!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 09:16:33 PM »
 O0

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
Re: Maytag Refrigerator Manual Needed #MFD2560HEW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »

Evaporator Fan would not work. I Replaced the Evaporator Fan with NEW Evaporator Fan (Part #12002744). Plugged new fan in and I had no power coming down to the NEW FAN. Took NEW Evaporator Fan out and Bench tested - Fan worked perfectly on the Bench but no power was present once plugged into the Refrigerator Freezer location. Went to my local supplier and bought a BRAND NEW Control Board (JAZZY) (Part #12868513) once I opened the Box the Directions CLEARLY STATE that YOU MUST PROGRAM YOUR CONTROL BOARD BEFORE THE REFRIGERATOR WOULD WORK!

CODE FOR MY REFRIGERATOR JUST HAPPENED TO BE:

CODE 12

Here is the sequence you MUST Follow to PROGRAM YOUR JAZZY Control Board!

The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.
1. Open the Fresh Food door (RIGHT SIDE DOOR) and hold the Fresh Food door light switch closed while pushing the Freezer Temperature Down Key pad 3 times consecutively. (On my FRENCH DOOR refrigerator the LEFT SIDE DOOR REMAINS CLOSED - OPEN THE RIGHT SIDE)

Note:

The 3 Keystrokes must be done consecutively and within 10 seconds.
2. Release the Fresh Food door light switch.
3. The control will display PE to confirm entry into the programming mode.
Freezer Refrigerator
P

4. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Down key once more.

Note:

All control functions will be turned off (Compressor, Defrost, Evaporator Fan, the damper will remain in its current position).
5. The control will display the current Program Code. This value should be validated with the Program Code printed on the unit serial plate.

Freezer Refrigerator 2
Note:

If the Program Code is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by closing the Refrigerator door(s).
6. To set the desired Program Code number press the Freezer and Refrigerator UP keys. The corresponding digit will be advanced with each key press.
7. Once the desired Program Code is displayed, press the Freezer DOWN Key until the Program Code begins flashing indicating it has been saved.

Note:

If you attempt to enter an invalid Program Code the control will not save the new code, but will flash the old code and this will be displayed. (The unit will NOT run with a Program Code of 00).
8. Once the Program Code has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by closing the Refrigerator door(s). If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated after closing the Refrigerator door(s).

The Programming mode can be exited at any time by closing the Refrigerator Door(s).

Defrost Operation:

The Control Board adapts the compressor run time between defrosts to achieve optimum defrost intervals by monitoring the length of time the defrost heater is on.
After initial power up, defrost interval is 4 hours compressor run time. Defrost occurs immediately after the 4 hours.

Note:

Once unit is ready to defrost there is a 4 minute wait time prior to the beginning of the defrost cycle.
Optimum defrost is 15 minutes. Each additional minute the defrost thermostat remains closed, 1 hr. is subtracted from the previous defrost interval. Each minute the thermostat opens prior to optimum defrost, it extends the next defrost interval 1 hr. When defrost thermostat opens there is a 4-6 minute drip time before compressor restarts or Control Board will terminate defrost at 25 minutes if defrost thermostat has not opened and will reset the defrost interval to the 8 hr. minimum setting.
4 hours of continuous compressor run resets the next defrost interval to 8 hours and will initiate a defrost, if 8 hours of compressor run time has also occurred.

Forced Defrost Mode:

Power up

Refrigeration mode will occur unless both the cold control and defrost terminator are open, in that case the defrost mode will occur for 2 minutes.
The forced defrost function is performed using the refrigerator display and keypad. Enter the Forced Defrost Mode by performing the following sequence of events:
1. Hold the refrigerator door light switch closed.
2. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Down keypad 3 times consecutively.

Hope this helps someone who has or had the same problem. REFRIGERATOR IS WORKING PERFECTLY ONCE AGAIN. THIS MACHINE SELLS FOR $2,000. AND FIXED IT FOR UNDER $100.

Blaise

Offline tgoods

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »
I've replaced many JAZZ boards.  It's a truck stock item for me.  The most common fault is the compressor relay sticks on. This causes a defrost problem.  If you turn the control to 0 and you can still hear the compressor running, you know the board is bad. If you get one with no instructions, the tech sheet is glued to the lower right front of the fridge.

Maytag Refrigerator Manual Needed

Started by Blaiser

Replies: 1
Views: 707
Last post April 20, 2012, 05:20:11 PM
by AJ
16010154 Maytag Refrigerator Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 3153
Last post May 16, 2008, 07:56:32 PM
by AJ
16026312 Maytag Ice2O Refrigerator Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 3475
Last post August 20, 2009, 01:01:52 PM
by AJ
RS1300005 Maytag Amana Performa Side By Side Refrigerator 22, 24, & 26 Cu. Ft. Service Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 1677
Last post December 06, 2011, 03:41:17 PM
by AJ
16023324 Maytag Amana International Bottom Mount Refrigerator Service Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 1234
Last post December 11, 2011, 08:32:24 AM
by AJ
16025629 Maytag Amana Jenn-Air Bottom Mount Refrigerator Service Manual