Author Topic: LG dle3733w start up problems  (Read 900 times)

Offline Hunter441

• VIP Member
LG dle3733w start up problems
« on: February 27, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »
I have a LG dle3733w it powers on fine, but when you hit the start button it runs for about 5 seconds then stops for about a minute or more then usually restarts, but don't seem to be drying very good when it completes, and it you turn it off and try to restart it during its hesitation, all you get is a clicking sound from behind the upper left corner, where the main board is, i have already checked the door switch, and the thermal switch on the motor, cleaned the lint trap and lint sensor, made sure all was clear, any trouble shooting ideas or advice would be great, oh it does not have any codes coming up, and not sure if there is anyway to run a diagnostic on it

Thanks for any help

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Re: LG dle3733w start up problems
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:31:39 AM »
Sounds like you have 2 problems.  One is the motor may be bad.  Try this, open the door, press and hold down the light switch button.  Start the dryer and then check the drum to see if it rotates.  If it doesn't turn, use your hand and turn it manually.  If it turns on after you help it, the motor needs to be replaced.

Once you have the motor problem taken care of, check the vent to see if it's heavily restricted.  If it is, clean it out.
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline Hunter441

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 05:43:53 AM »
motor runs great, when you first hit the start button it comes on and drys for about 20 seconds, with drum turning and blower blowing, then it will just stop for about a minute, and then it starts back up on its on , if you don't mess with it, but if you try to turn it off and back on to get it going again then all it will do is click 3 or 4 times from the control board in the upper left corner, kinda like there is a sensor somewhere tripped, i have cleaned the vent all the way through the machine so there is no lint clog or anything tripping the lint sensor, and i have checked the door switch, and i don't think it would be the moisture sensor, but like i said if you start it and walk away, it will always do the same thing, (start and run for about 10 to 20 seconds then stop, and then it will start back up on its own after about a minute to 5 minutes and finish drying, but the timer is running the whole time that it is stopped, there are very few LG repair shops in town here and none of them seem to know the answer or are willing to share it if they do so all help on here is greatly appreciated

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 08:15:13 AM »
Ok, I understand now.  You have a failed relay switch inside control board.  Pull the plug and let it sit for about a minute.  Replug it back in.  If the problem is still there, replace the board.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/lg-pcb-assembly-main-item-number-ap4458345.aspx
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Maytag Dryer starts up by itself. Sometimes start button problems

Started by fftoddster

Replies: 3
Views: 3034
Last post February 15, 2010, 10:33:20 PM
by fftoddster
Kennore Dryer problems

Started by smckeown

Replies: 6