Author Topic: Kenmore 90 series heating element stays on.  (Read 7513 times)

Offline AnnesLimo

• VIP Member
Re: Kenmore 90 series heating element stays on.
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 07:26:17 AM »
I assume this part is not the OEM FSP motor correct?
did you click on the picture ?

Dryer Drive Motor $ 77
Original Whirlpool Part
Manufacturer's Number: 279827   
Made by Whirlpool

I zoomed in on the photo and the label does say FSP

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 11:25:40 AM »
 O0

Our affiliates AppliancePartsPros are really great and I'm not just saying that to make a extra buck.

Even though I'm in the appliance repair business and can purchase my parts at whole sale prices I still find myself order items from AppliancePartsPros every now and then.

More common parts I order in bulk through my local (in state) dealer, but less common more expensive items like control board and such I sometimes order though AppliancePartsPros. They have very competitive prices and a great return policy.
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline AnnesLimo

• VIP Member
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »
O0

Our affiliates AppliancePartsPros are really great and I'm not just saying that to make a extra buck.

Even though I'm in the appliance repair business and can purchase my parts at whole sale prices I still find myself order items from AppliancePartsPros every now and then.

More common parts I order in bulk through my local (in state) dealer, but less common more expensive items like control board and such I sometimes order though AppliancePartsPros. They have very competitive prices and a great return policy.

Well, I don't doubt your statements at all and I would obviously prefer to order from a business that stands behind the product with service after the sale when needed. I also like to support those who take the time to help those who need it.

That being said I will likely order the motor through the company you have endorsed but the email response I received was rather generic and did not actually answer my question as to if the part was FSP. Maybe I am over researching the issue but as they say "Once bitten, twice shy." and my previous experience with aftermarket components has been iffy at best.

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 12:52:36 PM »
So you think applianepartspros post photos of a FSP parts, but then do a bait and switch so you end up getting a generic part?

That sounds like something that would happen on ebay but not with a company like appliancepartspro.

Sounds like you won't be sure until you can hold the part in your hand before you purchase it.
Maybe you can find someone local to buy it from?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:58:18 PM by whirlpooltech »

Offline AnnesLimo

• VIP Member
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 01:17:41 PM »
So you think applianepartspros post photos of a FSP parts, but then do a bait and switch so you end up getting a generic part?

That sounds like something that would happen on ebay but not with a company like appliancepartspro.

Sounds like you won't be sure until you can hold the part in your hand before you purchase it.
Maybe you can find someone local to buy it from?

Really? I do not prejudge any business but mama taught me; Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me! I called them and they stated the photo is a 2009 image and they have no idea if it still represents the actual part being sold... They did state that the part comes direct from whirlpool and I could call whirlpool and inquire as to the part supplier with theml So I did.

The whirlpool phone system transfered me to an authorised parts distributor who did confirm that the part coming from whirlpool is a USA made FSP part??? My research shows FSP parts are or were manufactured in Mexico?? :bonk: :thinking: :2funny:

Anywho I went ahead and ordered the motor as well as a motor / pump for my recently noisy dishwasher and spent $169.06 for both. If in fact the parts that arrive are indeed OEM parts I will be pleased...

Offline AppliancePartsPros

• Technician
    • AppliancePartsPros.com
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 01:58:48 PM »
Hey guys,

I wanted to jump in here and re-assure everyone that when we say it's an OEM part - it is most definitely an OEM part. You can be sure that you're getting a quality replacement part.

Thanks,
Roman Kagan
CEO
AppliancePartsPros.com

Offline AnnesLimo

• VIP Member
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 02:06:36 PM »
Hey guys,

I wanted to jump in here and re-assure everyone that when we say it's an OEM part - it is most definitely an OEM part. You can be sure that you're getting a quality replacement part.

Thanks,
Roman Kagan
CEO
AppliancePartsPros.com

Roman, I appreciate your post and I just want to make clear I was not questioning your authenticity for selling OEM parts. I understand that the parts you sell are from the manufacturer in this case my only specific concern was if the manufacturer (in this case whirlpool) was still using FSP for this motor. I will follow up on this once I receive my order.

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 04:34:59 PM »
Click on the motor link,go to the alternate view where it is stamped FSP on the motor.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline AnnesLimo

• VIP Member
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »
Click on the motor link,go to the alternate view where it is stamped FSP on the motor.

If you had scrolled up to reply 31 you would see I already did that and posted the picture. In the end I ordered the part because of that specific research and now I am simply anticipating the part that arrives is the same as shown in the 3 year old photo on the e-store site.

Offline rego

• Technician
  • Quality Service You Can Afford
    • Reges Service and Repair
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 08:29:39 PM »
I am fairly new in the repair business (only 1.5yrs on my own) compared to the tech's on this site but I now we would never stear you to a site that didn't have quality parts.  I have been working with APP's for a long time and have nothing but good thing's to say.  I install factory part's from them and offer a 1 year warranty with them.  If I order the wrong part and it's more expensive than I can keep in my inventory I send it back...no questions asked they refund my money.  I have an account with a local supplier and when I need to order I usually get 7-10 day's and can get them online most of the time the next day.  You are getting factory parts from both APP's and Repairclinic.  Sorry this turned into a parts debate...maybe a new topic should be started.

Offline AnnesLimo

• VIP Member
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2012, 07:01:03 AM »
  Sorry this turned into a parts debate...maybe a new topic should be started.

Agreed, let's stop debating the parts from APP. Since I did order from them and they have assured me they are OEM we will see what arrives and I will post my follow up then. It is because of the help and advice from the members here that I took the confidence in APP.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2012, 07:07:19 AM »
 O0
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline rego

• Technician
  • Quality Service You Can Afford
    • Reges Service and Repair
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2012, 07:08:11 AM »
Look forward to hearing how it works out for you :)

Offline AnnesLimo

• VIP Member
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2012, 07:21:16 AM »
O0

So just for grins and giggles I went and checked the shipping status...  ;D Are you kidding me;
2/18/2012 4:40:00 AM  On FedEx vehicle for delivery  WEST HENRIETTA, NY

I ordered these parts yesterday around 2PM EST and they're on the truck for delivery?

I am impressed so far to say the least!

Kenmore series 90 heating coil stays on when door is open

Started by RT1976

Replies: 20
Views: 5271
Last post September 09, 2011, 04:18:14 PM
by JWWebster
Kenmore 110.67732791 heating element stays on

Started by bladeguy08

Replies: 16
Views: 2899
Last post February 15, 2012, 07:09:52 PM