Forum > Chit Chat

900 Appliance Repair Service Manuals

<< < (14/20) > >>

haroldsappliance:
I know there have been a lot of people that have purchased this manual collection and it is all that and more. Great collection to say the least. I have windows xp and I'm wondering how you access a certain model number. Just looking for some feedback, thanks.

AJ:
Harold,

The job aid locator was removed from the current service manual collection DVD/CD's.

What JW shows in his video is somewhat misleading because when you click on a link in one of the job aid locator files it takes you to Whirlpools servicematters.com website and not everyone has access to the Whirlpool site. It's also misleading because you think your searching the DVD/CD, but your end up online, so I removed the job aid locator files from the DVD/CD to help avoid the confusion.

Besides that the job aid locator only related to Whirlpool service manual and the DVD/CD contains service manuals from many other manufactures besides Whirlpool.

As for searching for a service manual the DVD/CD is nothing more then a collection of .pdf files organized into folders.

It's no different then if you found a service manual online and saved it to the hard drive on your computer. In fact that is how the collection was created. Over the years I have saved these service manuals to my hard drive. The DVD/CD is simply a copy of all the service manuals I have saved to my own computer over the years.

You search for the service manual .pdf file just like you would search for any other file on your computer.

Your search results are only going to be limited by your computer and/or the software program (adobe reader) you are using.

So back to the example of if you found a service manual online and saved it to your computer. How would you find it again?
What if over the years you have found and saved hundreds of service manuals to your computer. How would you find the one you want?

Just trying to give you a different perspective as to how you may search for them.

AJ:

--- Quote from: haroldsappliance on December 05, 2012, 10:18:16 AM ---I know there have been a lot of people that have purchased this manual collection and it is all that and more. Great collection to say the least. I have windows xp and I'm wondering how you access a certain model number. Just looking for some feedback, thanks.

--- End quote ---

Harold, I have merged your new topic to this topic as it seems to be about the same subject.

So the question remains, how do Window XP users find the service manual they are looking for?

Not sure I'm being very helpful Harold, but I'm trying.

haroldsappliance:
I understand, and I thank you. We'll get it figured out. I'll let you know.

AJ:

--- Quote from: haroldsappliance on December 05, 2012, 09:50:19 AM ---On the adobe reader there is no advanced search button.

--- End quote ---

Strange...

I just checked Adobe Reader on a Windows Vista computer. Under the Edit tab I found "Search".
When I click on "Search" a search window opens with some options to pick from. At the bottom of that search window is a link to "Advance Search".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version