Author Topic: LG wm2496HWM Washer with very odd LE error  (Read 1255 times)

Offline MrT

• VIP Member
LG wm2496HWM Washer with very odd LE error
« on: February 03, 2012, 01:04:38 AM »
Folks:
I was getting the typical LE error. Rather than go down a diagnost route (cause I didn't know better) I simply replaced the motor sensor that many folks suggest is often the culprit. 

The issue is now the washer will was and run, but after about two loads, mid rinse cycle or when spinning it will give the LE error again.  If I let it sit for a bit it will let me run a rinse load without error.

My machine is 5 years old and has worked hard as we are a big family with lots of laundry needs. Could it be that the motor is just getting too soft to be dependable? 

Note I did test the sensor cables at the board and got voltage readings that were normal. I also spun the tub and noticed readings fluctuate as they should.  However, keep in mind that as I type this it is running and washing right now. No doubt that at some point, in a spin cycle it will LE on me and stop. Again, almost like it can't really take much work any more.  Does this sound common? 

I honestly don't believe it would be the board.  I just don't know if replacing the stator and/or magnetic drum would help. 

Perhaps its time to get a new one?  You would think a washer would last at least 5 years--even if I've got 5 kids.

Thoughts?

MrT.
I replaced the load sensor tested the wires from the main board that lead to the load sensor, etc, but the problem still presist.

Model WM2496HWM

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
  • over 30 years repairing appliance
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: LG wm2496HWM Washer with very odd LE error
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:07:14 AM »
inspect rotor magnets for cracks? if cracks, replace rotor.
stator should have 5 to 15 resistance between yl-bl, yl-rd, bl-rd. if you have this, then its the ipm in main contoller bad. 

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Re: LG wm2496HWM Washer with very odd LE error
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 07:58:54 AM »
Since you already replaced the hall sensor, the only other part to replace is the main board.  There is a relay in the main board that controls the speed and direction of the motor.  If it runs ok once in awhile and other times it won't, it usually is the main board that needs to be replaced.  If you decide to replace the motor, call LG and tell them what you suspect.  There is a 7 year warranty on the motor and they will ship it out to you free of charge. (They may charge shipping)

LG Pcb Main Board Assembly, part number: AP4439670
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

donate
$1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50

Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 13196
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ
Kitchenaid Washer F11 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 5017
Last post March 23, 2008, 07:06:27 AM
by TechnicianBrian
Maytag Washer F01 Error Code