Author Topic: KA D/W  (Read 633 times)

Offline All Brand

• Technician
KA D/W
« on: January 30, 2012, 07:07:10 AM »
Mod KUDI01FLSS5 door pops open i have chg the latch and strike .Door still pops open,has anyone run in to this problem thanks Daave

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
  • over 30 years repairing appliance
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: KA D/W
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:14:58 AM »
did you check the door links?

there is also a service flash about using a extended door keep, part # 8574157.

did some kid  or dog stand or sit on door?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:24:29 AM by bigbuck »

Offline whjeffs

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 05:27:03 AM »
Look at the door seal towards the bottom few inches. Does it look severely compressed compared to the rest of the gasket? If so your tub frame may be bent. I have seen this happen when the door gets bent down either from the door links breaking and the door slamming down or someone standing or falling on the door. Sometimes you are lucky and just the hinges get bent. Often though the part of the frame where the hinges pivot gets bent down and throws off the whole alignment of the door. You can try to bend it back but I have not had very much luck doing this and usually end up replacing the whole tub/frame. This is not really a cost effective repair though if it is not covered by some type of service contract.

Mod KUDI01FLSS5 door pops open i have chg the latch and strike .Door still pops open,has anyone run in to this problem thanks Daave

Offline All Brand

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 06:51:10 AM »
thanks again for the repley.It ended up being she has heavy glasses. the top rack was tilted foward so asthe wash cycle cont.the rack was pushing the door open.Some times it the stupid things that cause problems Thanks again Dave