Author Topic: Whirlpool Washer LSR8010PQ0, motor runs, no agitation or spin, will not drain  (Read 2425 times)

Offline g6646

• VIP Member
Continuity checked OK on motor, Recently replaced Clutch Assembly and Driect Drive Motor coupling.  Washer fills OK, at the start of wash or spin cycle, it does catch and starts to agitate or spin for about 3 seconds then stops, motor still hums.  Gearcase shows trace seepage around seal.  Replace gearcase or replace the seal, or a component of the gearcase?  Any thoughts?

Model LSR8010PQ0

Whirlpool Washer Clutch Part # 285785

Whirlpool Motor Coupler Part # 285753A

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
it does catch and starts to agitate or spin for about 3 seconds then stops, motor still hums.

I would disconnect the motor from the pump and gear box, but leave the wire harness plugged in so you can try running just the motor. Also make sure your water pump turns free, maybe something stuck in it.

Offline g6646

• VIP Member
Did not try water pump, should it easily turn with a screwdriver in the slot for the motor shaft, and I assume only one direction.  Will the motor still power on if the lid closure switch is disconnected, or do we need to complete that circuit?  Will try the motor and pump tonight, thanks for the quick reply. 

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
The pump should turn easily with a screwdriver in both directions. The motor turns on direction when the washer agitates and turns the other direction during the spin cycle, so the pump ends up turning both directions. During the agitation cycle it pumps water back up into the bottom of the tub.

Yes you will need to jump out or some how by pass the lid switch for it to spin with the cabinet removed.

Let us know what you find.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Whirlpool LSR8010PQ0 Drain Pum Part # 3363394
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline g6646

• VIP Member
Motor OK, pump was jammed with lint/cloth, cleaned out, appears to work fine, thanks

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience

whirlpool washer model LXR9245EQ1- won't drain-slow spin

Started by fixmeplz

Replies: 2
Views: 7202
Last post January 16, 2008, 10:13:02 PM
by JWWebster
whirlpool washer. No drain or spin

Started by MajorApp

Replies: 3
Views: 4959
Last post March 30, 2008, 10:24:00 PM
by AJ
Washer Issue - Runs, Fills, Start Wash...Loud Grinding for 60s, Drain, Spin Done

Started by Moose101

Replies: 16
Views: 8502
Last post April 30, 2008, 05:39:30 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Washer Noise During Agitation and no Spin

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 3
Views: 4948
Last post June 19, 2008, 09:00:45 PM
by JWWebster
Whirlpool Washer won't progress to drain, spin cycles