Author Topic: LG Dishwasher lost all power - no error codes, no LEDs. Main PCB? Help identify?  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Justin311

• VIP Member
Hello,

I have a roughly 2 year old LG d/w (LDF7932) which just up and lost all power right after running a cycle.  I have 120V coming in but pressing the power button yeilds NOTHING (or any other button), no LEDs will power on.  The diagnosis flowchart states that after checking the circuit breaker, check "The power switch or the circuit is OK?  Check Controller (Power Circuit)."

I have pulled the front of the d/w off and the PCBs are easily available, however I cannot find any diagrams labeling what is what.  The diagram shows 3 PCBs - Main, Cycle and Option/Display.  I am assuming the largest one just below the button "bar" is the main PCB.

I need to determine the correct failed part so that LG will send me a replacement.  But the diagrams are not really helping me and the flowchart doesn't tell me how/what to check for "controller (power circuit)".

Can anybody assist me?

Offline Justin311

• VIP Member
I should note that the largest board has a PN stamped into it as follows: eax37902902.  Also has some other characters below that.  I am trying to determine if this is the main PCB, and also how to test it for incoming power.  I can post pictures if it helps....

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
  • over 30 years repairing appliance
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
found some info. @ lg database, hopefully it will help

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
the wire diagram is to large, trying to make it smaller to send
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 06:47:14 PM by bigbuck »

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Let see how this works...

Here is the wiring diagram.

Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
check the door switch, have replaced a few for this problem.

Offline Justin311

• VIP Member
Thanks for the help guys...I have that diagram but have been unable to identify those plugs on the PCB...I suppose I need to post a picture of it.

As far as the diagnostics system I can't use it - I've tried to press the 3 buttons but the display never powers up.

Bigbuck, as far as the door switch I don't think that can be it.  This particular model has all buttons on the top surface of the door, you actually open the door slightly to press the buttons, once you have powered it on and set your cycle then you close it.  So the door switch couldn't cause it not to power up, would it?  Or am I misunderstanding?

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
 check power @ filter , if no power from filter to main board, replace filter # 6201ec1006l. if power to main control, but no power out, replaced main control # ebr381006l.

Offline Justin311

• VIP Member
check power @ filter , if no power from filter to main board, replace filter # 6201ec1006l. if power to main control, but no power out, replaced main control # ebr381006l.

Again, I appreciate the help.  I'm hoping for some hand-holding here as I am far from an electrician.  Studying the diagram I see that plug WH3 is power IN to the filter and plug RD3 is power OUT of the filter.  I am not sure where the filter is located...however....I found a plug labeled "RD3" on the main PCB.  As pictured below (and zoomed in) RD3 has 3 wires coming in (Blue/Lt Blue/White) and these wires do NOT have power at them.  The three wires disappear into the wiring loom and everything is taped up and in a plastic sheath as it passes under the door. 

Therefore I am assuming the power is disrupted BEFORE the filter (hopefully at).  Can you help me located WH3 plug (filter power IN)?  Or if I am on the wrong path here point me in the right one please?   Thanks again for your help! :)

Offline Justin311

• VIP Member
I should add I have a "drawing" of the filter assembly based off the PN you gave me (from the service manual posted), I believe, labeled A-160 below.  However, it really doesn't help me much as it looks like an ambiguous box :(

Offline Justin311

• VIP Member
Found it!  And indeed the power filter has 120V coming in and nothing coming out.  The weirdest part is it has a small fuse (glass cylinder) that is soldered to the board and then epoxy'd over.  I guess its a fail safe but still odd, why isn't it replaceable.  If they dont make me send it back (still under parts warranty) I'm going to dissect it and see if it blew.

Ordering the part from LG now....keeping fingers crossed!

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
way to go, nice diagrams!!! O0

Offline haole07

• VIP Member

I have similar issue with my  LDF 7810 but output from filter is reading 60 volts (Probing Ground / Hot). 

When I probe Hot / Neutral I get 120 volts is this normal?

LG Dishwasher Error Codes and Service Manauals

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 11113
Last post December 19, 2011, 01:51:56 PM
by AJ
LG Dishwasher with LE error code

Started by y4697

Replies: 80
Views: 93640
Last post September 06, 2013, 11:54:39 AM
by terror1