I have a Whirlpool GU3200XTXQ3 dishwasher that is about 4 years old.
I have replaced the thermal fuse four times now. With each replacement, they seem to last a shorter and shorter time. I *always* have replaced the fuse using the entire kit (i.e, the wiring block and 3-4 inches of wiring).
There is clearly some overheating going on. Several wires have gotten hot enough to melt/stick to the plastic liner on the back side of the stainless steel door panel.
The last fuse only lasted about a week. I can ignore the underlying problem no longer. I just need a pointer in the right direction as to where to go next. I've read to verify the heating element is < 50 Ohms. (Mine is about 13).
What should I check next?