I bought Frigidaire washer FAFW4011LW0 in 2012 and pretty much since beginning we were complaining about how this front loader works. I don't know how exactly it should work but here is how i see it. Washer doesn't spin all the time, actually 60% of time drum just stays and does nothing... Or maybe I'm just so unlucky that almost always when I look on washer drum doesn't spin, clothes lie in water. Like it waits for something. Then when it is time to spin, I can hear it and I always see it. This part definitely works. There is almost no water inside. Clothes come wet after whole cycle as normal but they are not clean enough. Since 2 years I started to leave washer open after doing laundry and wipe dry seal. I also use bleach and do cleaning cycle once a month. The smell stopped but it is still there... Seal still has some small grayish marks of mildew/ mold.
So is there anything i can do ? I was thinking if there is some kind of filter inside washer which might cause some smell and poor washing power.
Today I googled diagnostic procedure for affinity.
Section 2 Washing Machines
Affinity Diagnostic Mode
* The diagnostic test is used to check individual component function only.
*Turn the program knob to the start position (far
button to start the cycle and save it.
button to stop the cycle and turn off the LEDís.
button again to turn on the LEDís.
*Within 5 seconds, press and hold the
buttons until LEDís start flashing, then release buttons.
1. All the LEDís will flash. Pressing a button below a light cluster will light all the LEDís in that cluster at one time to
2. Turn the program knob (1) click clockwise from the start position. The hot water solenoid will activate and hot water
will enter through the detergent compartment.
3. Turn the program knob (2) clicks from the start position. The bleach water solenoid will activate and cold water
should enter through the bleach compartment.
4. Turn the program knob (3) clicks from the start position. The bleach and the wash water solenoids will activate and
cold water should enter through the softener compartment.
5. Turn the program knob (4) clicks from the start position. The door lock solenoid will deactivate and the loading door
can be opened.
6. Turn the program knob (5) clicks from the start position. The washer will fill and tumble. Once tumbling has
started, the boost heater (if so equiped) will turn on.
7. Turn the program knob (6) clicks from the start position. The drain pump and door lock solenoid will activate.
To enable high spin, press the
8. Turn the program knob (7) clicks from the start position. The control will signal the last error code.
So I started diagnostic mode, I tried every "knob click position" for 5sec and i was moving to next one. At the end I received 3 error codes: E00, E53, EF2.
EF2 Too much soap
Advise the customer to reduce the amount of soap they are using.
E53 Low voltage to Speed Control Board.
Check the wiring between the Main Control Board and the
Speed Control Board. If good, replace the Speed Control Board.
E00 No error code is stored
I dont know if I should wait more on every "knob click position" but maybe I should think about that board. It costs around $170... I will check wiring of course but this is a lot of money...
What do you guys think? Do you know diagnostic procedures? Did I do it right?
What this board actually do? Is it needed in my situation?
Someone adviced me to replaced door lock
Your model is known for bad door locks that will not let them nkt spin. Bad door locks will let washer agitate but will just sit there in spin. Lock is fairly easy to change.
Will this really help?