365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer PartsDryer PartsRefrigerator PartsDishwasher PartsRange & Oven PartsAll Appliance Parts

Author Topic: Anyone work for Sears as an "Independent Home Services Repair Provider?"  (Read 256 times)

Online AlphaApp

• Technician
    • Lafayette Appliance Repair
Sears called me out of the blue, which probably means they can't find anyone else - ;).  Anyway, they say they have an "opportunity" for me to work for them as an independent repair provider.  The PDF they sent is a one-page marketing blurb and is heavy on the attractive buzz-words but vague on what I'd actually be doing.  Essentially I'd have to go through a recruiter to get any real answers.  My concern with them, as with any "service provider" for any retailer is the pay.  I can't and won't work for peanuts and I won't be the low-bid guy just to get work so I can work myself to death for nothing.  Sears has a ton of requirements of me, which seem reasonable enough, such as liability insurance, technology requirements, etc., but like anything, believe not of what you hear and only half of what you see.  I'm leaning towards not doing this but wanted to run it through you guys first.

Anyone with experience as a Sears Independent Home Svcs Rpr Provider?  Need the low-down.

Thanks!

Offline Wobiii

• VIP Member
    • theappliancetechnician.net
Seems that they want you to take all of their shit calls. I inquired and their rules make you the shady guy that shows up in an unmarked car. No mention of your company, no tips, no cards, no direct contact, small pay. I think they are trying to become a mega "home advisor" and broker calls to the cheap.
Kicking ass and figurin it out.

Online AlphaApp

• Technician
Figured as much. I've worked too hard for the reputation i have and am quite content to wave bye-bye to Sears.

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
They pay you $85 per service call. No pay for return trips. And they pay wholesale for parts. And you can be as shady as you want. They will always call on you. It's a total joke. The companies out here that do it are the same ones that do all of the home warranty work. They walk in, look at the product for two seconds, say they can't fix it, send in an invoice for $85 and move on to the next one. If you don't care about your reputation and want to change your company name every year, go for it.

When I worked for the blue nightmare, I would have to go on recalls for these guys. I spent more time calming the customer down than working on the product...
LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience

Online AlphaApp

• Technician
Thanks!  Their reputation precedes them with my clients as well.  I've cleaned up after their "techs" many times and frankly, they scare business my way.  Because this sales pitch from them was specific to  TV repair and nothing else, I was curious.

One of our "Technicians" will get $20.00

Started by AJ

Replies: 5
Views: 3345
Last post March 01, 2008, 07:48:03 AM
by AJ
March Madness: One of our "Technicians" will get $25.00

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 2540
Last post April 01, 2008, 10:37:40 PM
by JWWebster
Major Home Appliance Repair Program

Started by Icehouse

Replies: 7
Views: 4217
Last post March 28, 2011, 06:40:22 PM
by AJ
Sears Kenmore Service Repair Manuals & Error Fault Codes.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 44908
Last post May 01, 2009, 12:19:36 AM
by AJ
How "Magic Chef" began...a brief history

Started by Repair-man

Replies: 1
Views: 3429
Last post July 23, 2009, 07:48:55 AM
by daddyjohn
Sears Kenmore Garbage disposal won't work