365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer PartsDryer PartsRefrigerator PartsDishwasher PartsRange & Oven PartsAll Appliance Parts

Author Topic: Wrong water filter  (Read 70 times)

Offline gregaguilar

• Technician
Wrong water filter
« on: November 22, 2015, 08:42:54 PM »
I was asked by my friend to go look at his frigidaire refrigerator cause he had taken model number to Lowes to buy one and the one he was given does not fit. I went and looked at it and the water housing is totally different than the one it calls for this fridge. Model number fphb2899pf1 filter number ultrawf . The water housing that is in there is a one inlet instead of two . I am going to go take the water cover out and see if it does have to water hoses going to it. This is wiered cause also this was a r2epio fridge and am wondering if some teck or wana be one changed it out. I will let you know what i found.If any one else has any input on this pls let me know thanks all

Offline gregaguilar

• Technician
Re: Wrong water filter
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:38:46 PM »
first time i went out there i just looked into the filter housing and the customers were very nice and i told them i was to do some research on it and when i got home i started thinking that why not take the filter water housing off and see if there were two hoses going to it. I called the lady and since when i was there she said she was going to in stall a dishwasher i thought i bet she can take the housing off. She did and reported back that there was a broken piece of the real fileter attached to it. She took it off and well to make the story short she inserted the one the fridge calls for and all is well and done.

Under Counter Water Filters

Started by maypo52

Replies: 3
Views: 4287
Last post October 20, 2007, 12:11:53 PM
by rickgburton
How often do you replace your water heater?

Started by frankster

Replies: 20
Views: 14151
Last post March 02, 2013, 07:45:21 PM
by bigbuck
whirlpool hot water heater

Started by bigjon30

Replies: 1
Views: 2720
Last post October 19, 2009, 05:58:51 PM
by JWWebster
Hot Water Heater went Nuts!

Started by slim

Replies: 4
Views: 3939
Last post November 02, 2009, 05:47:36 PM
by jumptrout51
Water Heater Fix -- little hot water -- fixed with inlet tube.

Started by sapp4l

Replies: 1
Views: 3211
Last post December 13, 2009, 05:08:45 PM
by JWWebster
The water heater of the future

Started by JWWebster

Replies: 0
Views: 2804
Last post December 28, 2009, 07:10:38 PM
by JWWebster