Author Topic: Samsung French Door Fridge is dead  (Read 1350 times)

Offline resed

• VIP Member
Samsung French Door Fridge is dead
« on: January 19, 2012, 06:37:10 PM »
Hi,

My sad saga is that we lost our 22 month old Samsung RFG297AABP on Christmas day while we were away for the holidays.  On Dec. 29, I agreed to add a service contract with Sears Home Service.  The repair tech came on Jan. 3 and knew nothing about the unit and called someone who looked it up on their computer and asked a few questions.  The red error light was flashing a constant single flash every 2-3 seconds and they ordered a Sub Inverter PCB.  The advice was, put this in yourself when it arrives in 3 days and you should be all set.  The part arrived and was easily installed.  The red light still flashes the single flash sequence and the refrigerator stays at room temp.  All I can hear is the small fan on the back bottom next to the coils. 

I cross referenced the Sub Inverter board part number for my model and it seems to have been replace by the same number but with an F suffix and they have sent me one with an E suffix.  When I look up that part, it goes with a completely different set of model numbers. 

After talking with about 10 different Sears Home Service "advisers", I finally convinced one to order me both the Sub Inverter and the Main PCB and to set up another service call.  Only one part arrived for the service call and the technician was only willing to talk with me over the phone.  He was the same guy who knew nothing about this fridge, but he agreed to reorder both parts and I though he understood the the original replacement sub inverter board was the wrong part.  Today, both parts arrived and neither does the trick.  I can hear the compressor possibly trying to start with a few grunts and click, but no cooling.  My next service appt. is January 27.  This is getting very old and I do not know where to turn.  It is likely that I will never do business with Sears again.

Any advice would be appreciated.  We are getting tired of shopping every night and living out of a dorm fridge.

Thanks!

Online niobrara

• Technician
Re: Samsung French Door Fridge is dead
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »
Ohm the compressor between each terminal should read about 8 ohms if I remember correctly. If there is power to the inverter to the compressor and the unit ohms I would think you have a locked compressor if it is not running

samsung French-Door fridge is noisy RFG297HDRS

Started by amiko

Replies: 0
Views: 229
Last post January 11, 2014, 04:01:59 PM
by amiko
French Door Fridge not making ice.

Started by Jack Hodge

Replies: 6
Views: 3593
Last post November 26, 2008, 09:18:32 AM
by JWWebster