Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

GE Refrigerator Keeps Clicking

(1/2) > >>

app1:
Hello, I am working on a GE Refrigerator over and under , the Model # is GTH18EBTZRWW and the compressor will start for about 10 seconds and then shut off for about 45 seconds. I have changed the little brown and white relay and it still does it. I checked continuity on the compressor and its fine, I checked for a dead short as well. A service tech here locally tells me that we have a weak compressor as the relay/overload is very warm right after it starts up. I did however notice that there is a small computer board i near the cold control unit and I looked at both sides of it and did not see anything that looks burned out. Also, if I was to check the amps at the compressor how many amps should it be pulling and WHICH wire do I test? Thanks in advance for any help as I am still learning. >:(

diverboy1980:
I am not sure which color wire but most I have done pull about 10 amps when starting and shouldn't be over 17 amps from what I know.

niobrara:
10 to 13 on start amps run not over 1.5 hook up to one of the wires going to the relay.Blue or Brown I think .Does this unit have a capacitor? I can't find the model.

app1:
Yes the capacitor goes right in thru the relay to the compressor and I checked it out and its ok, any ideas ??? Does the relay being real hot usually a sign that it is a weak compressor? I am thinking that the compressor may be locked up therefore it would be a bad compressor, I am really not sure on this. Thanks again for any help!!!!

niobrara:
Going into start not run ,Bad Compressor. Check your amps and see if the overload trips on high amps if it does replace compressor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version