Author Topic: Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW0 F11 Error Code Guessing Game  (Read 5443 times)

Offline whirlpooltech

  • Technician
  • Member Since: Nov 2007
  • Posts: 1367
  • Country: us
  • 20 years of experience
Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW0 F11 Error Code Guessing Game
« on: December 12, 2011, 04:40:29 PM »
Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW0
This is what the service manual says about a Duet F11 Error code.


F11
Serial Communication Error
Communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit
(MCU) cannot be sent correctly.
Potential Causes
Check Wire Harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control
Unit (CCU)

Check the Drive system for any worn or failed components



Check MCU, Motor Control Board Part # 8182706



Check CCU, Main Control Board Part # 8182695



Check Motor, Drive Motor Assembly Part # 8182793



Check Wire Harness

Anyone else ever end up playing the guessing game with the F11 error code?

CCU or MCU
Wire Harness or bad connection?

Seems I get it right about 80% of the time and the other 20% is a really PITA.

Offline i0leg

  • VIP Member
  • Member Since: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 16
Re: Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW0 F11 Error Code Guessing Game
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:15:57 PM »
hi, problem with ccu
 

Offline bigbuck

  • Technician
  • Member Since: Jan 2011
  • Posts: 953
  • Country: us
  • over 30 years repairing appliance
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW0 F11 Error Code Guessing Game
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 08:42:50 AM »
first, check wire harness @ ccu & mcu, pull out each connection 1 by 1 & reinsert them before changing any parts, ccu is very expensive.                                                                                               

Offline whirlpooltech

  • Technician
  • Member Since: Nov 2007
  • Posts: 1367
  • Country: us
  • 20 years of experience
Re: Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW0 F11 Error Code Guessing Game
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 10:07:13 AM »
first, check wire harness @ ccu & mcu, pull out each connection 1 by 1 & reinsert them before changing any parts, ccu is very expensive.                                                                                               

How often would you say that corrects the error from happening again?
Do you replace many CCU or MCU boards on these Duets?

Offline bigbuck

  • Technician
  • Member Since: Jan 2011
  • Posts: 953
  • Country: us
  • over 30 years repairing appliance
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW0 F11 Error Code Guessing Game
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 10:28:22 AM »
i'd say 4 out of 10. we do alot of service contract work, so i would order ccu & mcu  after changing sometimes i find the harness connection loose @ ccu. often its the blue connector. we have to fix them, we do not replace the washer. i have done alot of duets, most problems i find is pump cleanout is clogged.

Offline whirlpooltech

  • Technician
  • Member Since: Nov 2007
  • Posts: 1367
  • Country: us
  • 20 years of experience
Re: Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW0 F11 Error Code Guessing Game
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 10:39:44 AM »
I will start taking a closer look at the connections.

Quote
most problems i find is pump cleanout is clogged.

Same here, easy job and easy money :)

The customer is always happy to when they see that is all it was.

Can't tell you how many times I get to a duet that does not pump out and they tell me, 'I hope it's not the water pump, I looked online and they are over $100!'.




Offline AJ

  • Technician
    Administrator
  • Member Since: Jun 2007
  • Posts: 9431
  • Country: us
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW0 F11 Error Code Guessing Game
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 03:16:55 PM »
How about the Duet F28 error code, just as much fun?


Whirlpool Duet F28 SERIAL COMMUNICATION ERROR




Hope you find our site helpful.

 

Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 14123
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ
Whirlpool Duet Washer F5 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 2
Views: 9872
Last post October 05, 2008, 08:39:47 PM
by TechnicianBrian
Whirlpool Duet Washer giving error code F/05

Started by jracmm

Replies: 12
Views: 12751
Last post December 17, 2010, 03:58:35 PM
by Repair-man
Whirlpool Duet Washer HF error code

Started by gtrdave

Replies: 9
Views: 13053
Last post February 06, 2014, 04:45:10 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Duet F7 E1 Error Code

Started by Blaiser

Replies: 3
Views: 3635
Last post March 07, 2013, 07:22:12 PM
by lesguns
Whirlpool Duet front load washer error code FH

Started by jimhokie

Replies: 9
Views: 3361
Last post October 28, 2013, 06:08:52 PM
by jimhokie