Forum > Dryer Repair

LG Dryer will not power on

(1/4) > >>

gthoman:
Help!! I have a DLEX7177WM LG dryer.....My dryer will not power on, I have checked the power connections at the wall and on the dryer. When I open the dryer the light will come on, but pressing the power button does not work. I thought it might be the control board but just received that today and it was not the problem..  :'( What else can cause this problem. I have taken off the front panel and control panel but not the drum, I read something about the thermistor?? Is that behind the drum? ..I have read some docs but not sure how to find the parts.....Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Gene

JWWebster:
Supposed to be a resetable limit mounted on the exhaust ducting. I would love to see a pc of it. One day somebody will brang me one of these dudes and I will take some pix.

whirlpooltech:
The first thing to do would be to make sure you have 220-240 volts going to the dryer.
The light only needs 110-120 volts to work. You will need a multimeter to check the voltage.

Then I would check the High Limit Thermostats you will need a multimeter to check the thermostats.

Does this look like your dryer service manual?

gthoman:
Thanks for the responses, I do not see anything mounted on the exhaust ducting. I have checked that the unit is getting power with my multimeter...seems to be around 243 volts. I believe I checked the High Limit thermostat, it that connected to the outside of the coil box? I am attaching a picture. I unplugged the wires to these 2 fuses/thermostats and there was continuity, do I need to check anything else, is this the right place? And that does seem to be my service manual but am a newbie and don't know how to read electric diagrams.....Thanks again for the help....

JWWebster:
Good pic of the heater and high limits however the thermal fuse/limit will probably be mounted on the blower housing have you got a pic of it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version