Author Topic: New Kenmore Elite HE top load. 796.29472000  (Read 6036 times)

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
New Kenmore Elite HE top load. 796.29472000
« on: November 27, 2011, 07:46:52 PM »
Just purchased this washer on tuesday and it has been fine but the last two days it started making this creaking noise when washing or when i would move the tub a little by hand. I listened and its coming from where the suspension rods hang onto the inside of the cabinet. Now the machine is brand new. I looked at the top of the suspension rods and everything looks fine. There is a little lube i see. This washer has date stamps of 08/2011. Could the lub dry up or need more? What could this creaking noise be?

Model 796.29472000

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: New Kenmore Elite HE top load. 796.29472000
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 08:16:23 PM »
Has the packing all been properly removed on install?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »
Everything was removed.  It was quit for the past few days but just started. I can put my ear up to the top corners and i can hear it really good. Seems to affect the back two the most.  Just like a creaking noise. I felt the rod and then moved the drum a little and when i heard the noise i could feel it in the rom. If that makes sense. I just dont want to have defective rods or something and thry fall off.

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »
Rod*

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 08:26:52 PM »
Just purchased this washer on tuesday

It's under warranty, why try to fix it yourself?
Call for service and get it fixed.

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 08:31:18 PM »
Well i called for sears service and they wont be out for another week or so. I was just wondering what people might think it could be. This is my first time owning a top loader since about 2005, so im new to these guys again. I had front loaders and was in love, but my Kenmore Elite front loader died, the bearing went out and also the spider was coming apart from the drum, sears offered me a free replacement of my choice since the parts were on back order for more than a month. I read that FL have the bearing issues because of the way the drum sits and i didnt want to enjoy my washer and then a year and a half later have to worry because it was breaking down. I just was wondering what could cause this creaking noise.

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 10:40:04 PM »
I have a friend that had one of the Kenmore Calypso washers and they used the rod hanging system for the tub. It also creaked and squeaked, even more so the older it got but it worked fine. You eventually ignore it.

I also think the bearings go out in the top load HE machines just like they do in the front loaders--one reason is not using HE detergent or too much of it--so I have read.

Do you use liquid or powder? I have read where powder is the best for the machines--then read that liquid is the best, so I am not sure which causes the least problems.

Years ago a repairman told my Mom that Tide powder(regular top loader 1970's) was the worst on washer pumps and he said to use Cheer powder. Years later I had a repairman tell me to use Wisk only and it would keep your pump and tub clean.  Really dont know if there was any truth to this or it was just their opinion. I guess it was what they saw everyday in servicing machines...
Y

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 10:57:28 PM »
It just seemed to have started since i started doing more and more laundry in it. Doesnt bang the sides or anything, and washes and spins fine. It was just making me nervous, i have like 15 days to exchange it if need be, just as i dont feel comfterable paying 1600.00 for a new washer and it need to be all taken apart a week or two later, to start replacing things. It just doesnt make sense to me. I always use tide and sometimes switch back and forth. But lately i've been using the tide total care HE. When i used tide powder HE in my front load, the glass on the inside of the door would get a white film and it would just get thicker looking and you would have to manually spray it with cleaner and wipe it all down. Even if i used half detergent, would do the same thing, when i switched back to liquid tide i never noticed that film on the glass. So if the poweder is filming the glass and not coming clean between washes, whats it doing to the rest of the inside of the machine ya know?

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 11:05:24 PM »
Is your new machine made by LG or Wpool? Those LG "Waveforce" really seem to wash well from what I have seen on a you tube post .

I know what you mean though about spending money on something and you would like for it to be working right for a while anyway. Maybe it is just getting broken in, but for that much money you want it to be quiet.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 11:09:24 PM »
796 prefix is a LG if I am not mistaken
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 11:14:48 PM »
JW--In your years of working on washers, have you ever noticed any one detergent to be worse on washer parts than others or maybe more prone to cake-up or build up in the tubs/pumps?

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 11:19:26 PM »
correct this is the exact same insides as the lg waveforce, i really like it and its really neat, this one i have has a touch screen! its pretty sweet. i hope its just getting broken in!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 11:20:34 PM »
Most soap company's have decent stuff added. Have not heard of soap company's producing bunk stuff.
Note: some of your cheaper stuff don't work as well as others. I have never heard of detergents messing or mucking up a washer UNTIL these new fancy washer come out with these Chaldean Cybertronics.  :rofl:

never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 11:30:11 PM »
Wow cool touch pad. Makes me wanna run right out and buy one! Not?
How much is it gonna cost to replace parts on a fancy rig like that? Can I get feetball scores on that touchscreen?
Will it have a cow if I add some Dollar Admiral store tergent up in there?
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »
so do we think this creaking noise is going to go away? I'd really like to get my hands on a 1957 Lady Kenmore washer, i'd trade this one for a 1957 anyday!  ;D

Lol JW, no it doesnt do all that and i added a sears master protection agreement. So that i would be totally covered. Its really nice, just not use to the top loads, havent used one since before my mother died in 2005  :(  was a very hard time for me so i barley remember. I know we had a whirlpool top load, that the pump went out ever like 6 months!

it does however have on board stain pre treatment advice, it has a ton of stains to choose from, look what it says about candle wax  :2funny:

Kenmore HD Elite Top Load Washer

Started by sunnybono

Replies: 16
Views: 4866
Last post December 29, 2008, 05:30:35 PM
by Repair-man
Kenmore HD Elite Top Load Washer not rinsing!!!

Started by sunnybono

Replies: 3
Views: 1570
Last post May 30, 2009, 11:26:39 AM
by whirlpooltech
kenmore elite front load washer wont spin completely dry

Started by monki

Replies: 14
Views: 9968
Last post April 02, 2012, 10:48:48 AM
by JWWebster
kenmore elite front load washer wont spin completely dry

Started by dcdang

Replies: 2
Views: 1652
Last post September 24, 2011, 11:22:31 PM
by dcdang
Kenmore Elite top load grinding in drain cycle (after replacing tranny)

Started by cmwerner

Replies: 1
Views: 289
Last post February 15, 2014, 04:11:33 PM
by cmwerner
kenmore elite front load washer

Started by jab4558

Replies: 11
Views: 585
Last post May 01, 2014, 08:27:05 PM
by niobrara