Author Topic: New Kenmore Elite HE top load. 796.29472000  (Read 6948 times)

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
Re: New Kenmore Elite HE top load. 796.29472000
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 11:14:48 PM »
JW--In your years of working on washers, have you ever noticed any one detergent to be worse on washer parts than others or maybe more prone to cake-up or build up in the tubs/pumps?

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 11:19:26 PM »
correct this is the exact same insides as the lg waveforce, i really like it and its really neat, this one i have has a touch screen! its pretty sweet. i hope its just getting broken in!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 11:20:34 PM »
Most soap company's have decent stuff added. Have not heard of soap company's producing bunk stuff.
Note: some of your cheaper stuff don't work as well as others. I have never heard of detergents messing or mucking up a washer UNTIL these new fancy washer come out with these Chaldean Cybertronics.  :rofl:

May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 11:30:11 PM »
Wow cool touch pad. Makes me wanna run right out and buy one! Not?
How much is it gonna cost to replace parts on a fancy rig like that? Can I get feetball scores on that touchscreen?
Will it have a cow if I add some Dollar Admiral store tergent up in there?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »
so do we think this creaking noise is going to go away? I'd really like to get my hands on a 1957 Lady Kenmore washer, i'd trade this one for a 1957 anyday!  ;D

Lol JW, no it doesnt do all that and i added a sears master protection agreement. So that i would be totally covered. Its really nice, just not use to the top loads, havent used one since before my mother died in 2005  :(  was a very hard time for me so i barley remember. I know we had a whirlpool top load, that the pump went out ever like 6 months!

it does however have on board stain pre treatment advice, it has a ton of stains to choose from, look what it says about candle wax  :2funny:

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 11:41:16 PM »
look at the icon for the "delicate" cycle, and how many of those do i own?

here is the screen that pops up when i push the power button.

So i know alot of you wonder why i'd choose this, well long long story short, my front loader, Kenmore elite, 1 and a half year old, made by LG went out, needed a bearing and the whole tub replaced. Parts were on back order for over a month. Sears corp called me (i had a master protection agreement) they offered me a new, washing maching of my choice, because having the master protection agreement, they cant leave you without a washer for so mant days. So when i went to sears to choose i spent a few days looking and reading reviews this time. My FL Kenmore was 1599.99  so i got credit for 1599.99, i decided to go with another kenmore (lg) because i had no problems at all with the lg (kenmore fl) i had the whole time, Untill in wash and spin the washer was making a loud knocking noise. They changed the Direct Drive motor twice, still to no avail, then they found out about the bearing and spider. I was very un easy going with a new HE top load, first off cos i havent used a top load in a long time, second cos i heard the ones without agititators were shi... But its been okay, minus the noise.

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 12:10:06 AM »
Maybe the noise will get better as it gets broken in. Maybe have them check it out to be on the safe side OR just pull the laundry room door closed when you start it and ignore it.LOL

I am the same way, get something new and drive myself freaking nuts listening for a problem. A rattle in a new car or a scratch on it or a bug on the grill! LOL With age I seem to be getting a little better about that though.

That is a cool washer! All kind of cycles to choose from. Not sure what a 57 (year I was born) Kenmore looks like. I know we had a Frigidaire washer and then in the early 70s my Mom got a Kenmore set and was never crazy about it. It didnt spin the clothes as dry as the Frigidaire did(that thing would fly) plus the Kenmore just didnt wash as well as that up&down agitator. That is what I would buy in a minute if they still made those with the up&down washing(Frigidaire). She bought a new Maytag in 1982 and it is still washing and only needed 1 repair-a timer- in almost 30 years.

Hope you enjoy this one and get the kinks worked out. Keeps us info'd on what Sears tells you.

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 12:15:00 AM »
Yes. Sears. Lol. Theyve been okay. I always seem to get the same guy. Very nice and knowledgble. The 57 is a dream to me. It had a lighted control panel and interior light. Just looked very cool. Look on youtube 1957 lady kenmore
  I really like this kenmore. Its made by lg and not whirlpool !

Offline warrenkeller

• VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 12:18:50 AM »
I also drive myself nuts at new things. I guess for what i or you pay for things, brand name they should work 100% and stay working for a long time too. It really bummbed me out when i started to hear this noise. I have a feeling sears will tell me its normal or will just need a little more grease on the suspension.  I feel like i should have lived in the 50s. I love all the retro appliances. The stoves dishwashers. Washing machines.  Some had really cool features.

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 12:34:01 AM »
I will have to check out the 57 Kenmore.

Not to change gears here on you, but what kind of dishwasher do you have? I have a Kenmore Elite, not sure of the age now. It is several years old but Tall Tub version-smart wash. I have either got to get a new one or change the motor/pump in this one. Sometimes it washes very good but then sometimes not so much so plus it sounds like a B-52 running--screaming I mean--you cant hear the water inside the motor is so loud. I just let it scream and get where I cant hear it.
If I buy a new one not sure what to get. From all I have read the new KM WP and KA all have a wash temp of 120 now where it used to be 140. For me the 120 doesnt seem hot enough for the max wash temp.

What are your suggestions? Guess I need to start a new thread on this! Just thought I would get your op.

Kenmore HD Elite Top Load Washer

Started by sunnybono

Replies: 16
Views: 5466
Last post December 29, 2008, 05:30:35 PM
by Repair-man
Kenmore HD Elite Top Load Washer not rinsing!!!

Started by sunnybono

Replies: 3
Views: 1721
Last post May 30, 2009, 11:26:39 AM
by whirlpooltech
kenmore elite front load washer wont spin completely dry

Started by monki

Replies: 14
Views: 11535
Last post April 02, 2012, 10:48:48 AM
by JWWebster
kenmore elite front load washer wont spin completely dry

Started by dcdang

Replies: 2
Views: 2121
Last post September 24, 2011, 11:22:31 PM
by dcdang
Kenmore Elite top load grinding in drain cycle (after replacing tranny)

Started by cmwerner

Replies: 1
Views: 396
Last post February 15, 2014, 04:11:33 PM
by cmwerner
kenmore elite front load washer

Started by jab4558

Replies: 11
Views: 902
Last post May 01, 2014, 08:27:05 PM
by niobrara