Author Topic: Vertical modular washer notes  (Read 5781 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Vertical modular washer notes
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 12:52:40 PM »
I predict their is gonna be a lot of money made on warranty work on this piece of crap. The reason being when you close the lid it locks and if the lid switch is bad like this one was then you cannot get your clothes out of the washer.  That right there is frustrating enough to get someone to break the control trying to get that dude to open.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »
Lets us no how you made out on that vertical washer.Did you have to replace control?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
Sadly the owner does not want to spend any more money on this machine at present. I don't know that much about em to guarantee him a successful repair under the circumstances. Does anybody out there in Al Gores internet land have a clue as to what my next move should be? I installed the new locking lid switch and it locks when the lid is closed. I washed and dried the clothes that were in the machine. They apparently belong to a teenage male, basketball shorts etc. The washer had 3 cups of soap in the bottom of the tub for half a load of clothes. It came out of a group home so as of this moment it is up in the air as to whether the owner wants to spend more money on this machine. Already paid $40 for a lid switch we had to special order.
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 01:23:24 PM »
JW i have been in the business 30 years now . Work for sears as a kid And G.E for 7 years.The rest of the time i work for myself.I have a good stock on my truck about $3000 dollars worth in parts. I do no warranty work ,just C.O.D .Was doing find in my business for years.Now its like i,am dead in the water .In yellow pages 25 Years.I just don,t no whats going on out there.No calls all week.I live new jersey.Maybe the end of my business has come.All these front load washer and top load H.E washer are out there and you are right.There are either made like junk or have been redesign over again after they find thats a bad design.Work on about all major appliance.I do try to stay away from the front loaders . Even though i have one.Don,t no want to do .58 years old . too old and stuck working for myself to work for someone and maybe to old for them to hire me.Just thought i needed to get this of my chest. Maybe someone else out there is in my boat too.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 02:55:50 PM »
Hi dab

Was doing find in my business for years.Now its like i,am dead in the water .In yellow pages 25 Years.I just don,t no whats going on out there.No calls all week.I live new jersey.Maybe the end of my business has come.

Are you doing any advertising online?
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 12:16:16 PM »
Same here Dabs. Nobody wants to hire a 58 year old fart that has only limited ability with outdated machinery. That's me. I don't have the resources to part swap. Many people like me are in the same boat. I need to know what fixes a machine and not be a parts changing monkey. That is exactly what most of today's crappy machines these days require now though. Having a base to operate from that tells you what parts are failing is what ApplianceJunk.com is all about. We have old timers, newbies, professionals, and DIY folks that regularly visit this site with the intent on exchanging knowledge. We decided along time ago to make this the best site out there for everybody. So if you know something pass it along to the rest of us and if we know something we will pass it back. That is what makes the internet so wonderful. I could not do this 20 years ago. None of us could. Now we have a portal to look through at the world and what makes it ticks. Lets make the most of it.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:18:11 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 01:44:13 PM »
I have been working on a VMW today. I did a video. It had a big sock in the pump. I wanted to show how the machine operates. It had the same symptoms as the other washer but the control does work on this one and the lid does not lock when the machine is not plugged in. I am beginning to wonder if this part (lid switch) is faulty. The other day I dug into the washer and checked the pump; Did a video:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:45:46 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 01:48:20 PM »
I am currently processing the video I did on today. It is a doozy yall
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 02:22:54 PM »
I am currently processing the video I did on today. It is a doozy yall

O0

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 02:23:49 PM »
JW i have been in the business 30 years now . Work for sears as a kid And G.E for 7 years.The rest of the time i work for myself.I have a good stock on my truck about $3000 dollars worth in parts. I do no warranty work ,just C.O.D .Was doing find in my business for years.Now its like i,am dead in the water .In yellow pages 25 Years.I just don,t no whats going on out there.No calls all week.I live new jersey.Maybe the end of my business has come.All these front load washer and top load H.E washer are out there and you are right.There are either made like junk or have been redesign over again after they find thats a bad design.Work on about all major appliance.I do try to stay away from the front loaders . Even though i have one.Don,t no want to do .58 years old . too old and stuck working for myself to work for someone and maybe to old for them to hire me.Just thought i needed to get this of my chest. Maybe someone else out there is in my boat too.

Has business picked up for you this summer?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »
Cover yer ears raw footage babes:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:24:49 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 03:33:20 PM »
No business is bad thank god wife is a retired school teacher and now living northwest New Jersey.We had to rent our house out 4 years ago not because of my business but because my father in law is legally blind at 87 years old.I will be 60 wife is 64 years old and with the economy the way it is i am glad we move here to help him out.If i go get calls my main business is 50 minutes from his house.I have a bad back and that driving is a killer for me.And i have 2 mow 3 acres of land. Don't no how long i can mow the lawn it kill my back.Had a lot of old customers that seem to have gone away.Just don't no what happen.Yellows over 30 years and doing nothing.I no i need a web page maybe that will help.Just work on a direct drive roper at a church will two water pressure switches in it only about 4 months old and direct drive.Model RtW4400XQ0 AS if one is not enough.Look up not even at marcone ,sears or !st source sevrall yet.Calls are just not coming in like old days.But live in area were they will buy new faster then fix it.Or try to fix it themselves .All the junk they make today you are better working for some company in this area.To old for that.Just need some calls to get the hell out of house if you no what i mean.Have a good truck stock though.Maybe 3 or 4 thousand dollars out there. when economy went down so did my business.

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 03:16:53 AM »
Dab, sorry on your back.   I have a bum knee, so I know the feeling, but it only acts up once in a while.    They use the 2 pressure switches in Whirlpool / kenmore commercial machines to get hi and low water levels.    Model of a whirlpool that uses the 2 switches.   -  Hi level switch part number W10351806  Low level switch W10339319, hope this helps.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 08:51:10 AM »
Ya i saw that on diagram. i was surprise to see that on high water level that it fills  like a older direct drive model.Nothing was wrong with it but was missing two front legs and yellow strap in back by self adjusting legs was not pull out.Lowes for you. They call because there was water on floor.They had two washers draining in one standpipe.Water backing out pipe.Install two new front legs and level washer.

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 09:34:14 AM »
I have been working on a VMW today. I did a video. It had a big sock in the pump.

Told ya.  O0

W10329932 L-84 Whirlpool Vertical Modular Washer Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 2594
Last post September 08, 2011, 07:26:23 PM
by AJ
W10329932 L-84 Whirlpool Vertical Modular Washer Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1002
Last post November 12, 2012, 07:11:08 PM