Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Dishwasher leaving deposits Mod. 66516022403

(1/2) > >>

neustkg:
Our Kenmore dishwasher (Mod. #66516022403) has problems leaving deposits on cups.  Most of the time for some reason, it's ceramic coffee cups.  Plastic cups seem to make it through the wash clean most of the time.  We also notice that when we fill a cup with water that came from the dishwasher, it tends to be a bit soapy.  Rinsing it once or twice usually does the trick, though.

As for washing, I use the Kirkland (Costco brand) dishwasher gel (it had good reviews in Consumer Reports a while ago), fill both trays to the top, and I don't use the Jet Dry rinsing agent anymore.  I noticed a while ago when I was using it that it left a nasty taste on glasses. When I stopped using it and when the reservoir that holds it went dry, the taste went away.  So no more of that.  I also use the Pot scrubber mode with air dry.

Is there a float somewhere that might be sticking or is there something that might be clogged that I can take apart and rinse out?  I realize the new detergents don't have phosphates anymore, but the dishwasher should at least rinse all the soap off.  We're to the point of thinking about replacing it.  It was one of the high rated dishwashers in Consumer Reports, too.

jumptrout51:
You need to check the water fill level. It should be just under the heating element.
You need to check the spray arm holes for any debris stuck in them and clean it out.
Set the spray arms at the 12 oclock position and run the dishwasher.
Open the door 2 or 3 times to verify the arms are moving good.
Place a cup right side UP in the top rack when the dw is running. Does the cup fill with water?
Clean out the filter.
After doing this,report back to us.

MajorApp:
http://www.amazon.com/Lemishine-Rinse-2-Pack/dp/B004X11OZW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1321762394&sr=8-3.http://www.seventhgeneration.com/Free-and-Clear/Dishwasher-Detergent.
Try these products together and get rid of the liquid/gel detergent. They should be available at your local grocery store. All natural ingredients.

sparky823:
I agree about getting rid of the gel. I was using Cascade Gel from Sams. Machine started leaving residue all over everything. I finally figured out it was the gel and switched back to powder. I also started using the Sani Rinse option and mine eventually got OK. I think the hotter water helped rinse some of the gel build-up out of the machine--I read where the gels tend to stick and build up inside. I also ran Dishwasher Magic through mine. Also, my dishwasher is a Kenmore Elite so I am sure we have the same style pump etc.

neustkg:
OK, last night I took jumptrout's advice.  I did notice that when I push the top tray in, it didn't go in all the way and engage the water supply.  I'll make sure it's fully engaged from now on.  I also used vinegar last night along with the gel to help rinse.  The top spray wand before last night's run happened to be sticky.  I noticed after the run that the wand was clean (probably due to being fully engaged to the water supply.

After this gel is used up (a week or so) I will be trying the Finnish Powerball detergent.  I noticed it had high reviews in consumer reports.  I also noticed the product Dishwasher Magic that I can get in the grocery store.  It is citric acid and will help clean deposits that build up.

I also noticed that the gasket was dirty so I cleaned that along with the part of the door that touches the gasket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version