Forum > Washer Repair

Kenmore 400 Washer - Inconsistent Spin - replaced clutch and coupler

<< < (2/3) > >>

JWWebster:
Last summer I had the same problem. I removed the inner tub and their was a magic Marker laying flat on the bottom of the outter tub. This prevented spin.

pointfoward33:
Thanks JW. I'll pick up a spanner wrench today and take a look under the inner and outer tubs. Hopefully there a tube of chap stick or something under there and my problem will be solved!

UncleRodge:
While you have the agitator out check the Drive Block area.  Is there metal shavings there?  The drive block may be worn out.... Had this repair a few times recently.... The ears of the drive block were completely gone allowing the tub to turn freely by hand.  Also when I ran it in spin cycle while disassembled, I could see the shaft of the transmission spinning, but the tub was not turning at all.....

Hope that helps!
UncleRodge

jumptrout51:
Is this machine pumping all the water out before it attempts to spin?

bigbuck:
sounds like you need a new transmission to me, NO NEUTRAL DRAIN will cause this issue. to check run washer from   rinse cycle if goes right into spin without neutral drain then its transmission.                                                                                               

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version