Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

LG Fridge - need advice on fixing water/ice despenser

(1/1)

Kellerzal:
I have a LG LRS26911TT and the other day it wouldn't stop despensing water - the button that you press a cup against to get water seems to be broken inside, causing it to be stuck.  Any suggestions on where to get the part and how to fix would be greatly appreciated!!!!

wildimaginations:
What you have is a plastic dispenser arm rubbing up against the inside wall of the refrigerator door.  This problem requires the display panel removed and with some trial and error, find where the plastic dispenser arm is rubbing up against the door.  Then using a sharp knife, shave off the part of the door plastic panel to clear the arm from rubbing up against it.  Replacing parts doesn't help.

That's the only solution for this problem.  Hope this helps.

PARTech:

--- Quote from: wildimaginations on November 10, 2011, 06:55:48 PM ---What you have is a plastic dispenser arm rubbing up against the inside wall of the refrigerator door.  This problem requires the display panel removed and with some trial and error, find where the plastic dispenser arm is rubbing up against the door.  Then using a sharp knife, shave off the part of the door plastic panel to clear the arm from rubbing up against it.  Replacing parts doesn't help.

That's the only solution for this problem.  Hope this helps.

--- End quote ---

Same think I found.  Odd that replacing the parts does not help, but it worked that way for me, too.

Kellerzal:
Thanks guys, I will give it a go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version