Author Topic: Kitchenaid Double Oven won't heat  (Read 1844 times)

Offline emshields

• VIP Member
Kitchenaid Double Oven won't heat
« on: November 05, 2011, 04:47:13 PM »
I have a Kitchenaid double oven, model #KEBS277SSS00, that will not heat in either oven.  The panel works, and shows "Lo", but neither oven heats up.  I have not run a self clean in quite a long time.
From what I've been reading, it sounds like I need to replace the thermal fuse.  Am I on the right track?  Does a double oven have 1 or 2 thermal fuses?
Thanks for your help!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Kitchenaid Double Oven won't heat
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »
Hve ya tried this:
To Lock Control: Touch and hold START for approximately
5 seconds, until “control locked” appears on the lower text line
and a lock icon appears in the display.
To Unlock Control: Repeat to unlock and remove “control
locked” and lock icon from the display.

Use and care:
http://shared.whirlpoolcorp.com/assets/pdfs/literature/Use%20and%20Care%20Guide%20-%20W10162180.pdf
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:29:12 PM »
Sounds like your Thermal Fuse.  #28 listed on the parts breakdown on the link you provided.  You can always test it to be sure, before your order the part.  Unplug the machine, and remove the back panel.  Pull the wires off of the fuse, and check across the terminals for continuity.  If the fuse shows open, you know its bad.    Keep in mind a "Thermal Fuse" is placed in your stove for a specific reason.  They go bad for 2 reasons.  Either #1- It wore out, similar to the way a light bulb wears out.  It is an electrical part and can burn out at anytime.  the Second reason it will go bad, is because the Temp inside of your stove exceeded the temp of the fuse.  This can happen for a few different reasons.   The oven sensor could be bad, Or the Electronic Oven Control, otherwise Know as a EOC, could be faulty.  From my experience, on your particular range, I would make a educated guess that just the fuse is bad.  Good Luck

Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Offline emshields

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 01:48:23 PM »
So, I took out the thermal fuse, and took it to an appliance parts store to replace it.  They tested it, and said it was working fine.
Any suggestions for plan B?

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 08:57:09 PM »
Your oven has two thermal fuses and two double line break relays on the control board.  Two components would have to fail at the same time for both ovens to not heat. So I think your L2 power is not getting to the oven. Check your breaker.  Switch it hard to off and then back on.  If that doesn't work check for burnt connections in the junction box behind the oven or in the breaker panel. 

Kitchenaid Double Oven no Heat after Self Clean

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 4129
Last post November 18, 2008, 02:03:23 PM
by TechnicianBrian
Kitchenaid KEBC107 Oven No Heat

Started by thepicker

Replies: 5
Views: 6345
Last post January 16, 2008, 04:00:06 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
Kitchenaid Double Oven F5 E1 Error

Started by TechnicianBrian

Views: 2903
Last post October 30, 2008, 05:20:08 AM
by TechnicianBrian
KAC-49 KitchenAid 27" AND 30" Electric Built-In Double Oven Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 770
Last post August 18, 2009, 12:35:29 PM
by AJ
Kitchenaid oven controls operate but no heat

Started by mtnbikeman

Replies: 9
Views: 3356
Last post November 24, 2009, 04:15:04 PM
by Repair-man
Whirlpool Built-In Double Ovens Kitchenaid Built-In Double Oven F5 E1 Error Code

Started by fixyourboard

Replies: 1
Views: 2883
Last post February 05, 2011, 11:46:54 AM
by krazytech