Author Topic: D/W takes too long  (Read 561 times)

Offline Earl Dryer

• Technician
D/W takes too long
« on: November 03, 2011, 09:34:25 AM »
Customer is complaining that it takes sometimes 5 hours (Sani wash) to complete 1 load of dishes. Has documented each cycle. These people moved into this house which this machine was installed new 18 months ago but never used (house was under construction), say it worked fine for the 1st couple of weeks but now it takes forever to do a load of dishes and they are coming out with spots. These are the new City Manager & wife and they are very difficult to deal with (know everything). I'm sure that they ran out of the free samples of product that came with the machine and that could be part of the problem with the spots but for the run time?

The folks relocated to the area and I guess (after quizzing the lady) she washed everything as she unpacked. I'm guessing that she probably was rinsing everything off as she was loading and which helped keep the water hot to the machine before she began the wash. I do not know what her washing habits are, she may be one of those that go from table to machine, no pre-rinse. I would probably have to waterboard her to get the answers I need.

Any suggestions. This is a GE (which I don't normally work on) GLD4408R00WW

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: D/W takes too long
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 10:20:18 AM »
The pump inlet is clogged.  This is a very poorly designed dishwasher.  The chopper is on the wrong side of the inlet screen.  You might want to show them how to clean it so they don't have to call you back every month or so.

Offline Earl Dryer

• Technician
Re: D/W takes too long
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 08:08:01 AM »
Thank you, tgood.  I will go play with it this morning.

The guy got impatient and called GE, he was told that they would have to send a tech to check it out but it would be 3 weeks.  I should probably tell them to go ahead and wait for GE to come but, I won't do people that way. Welcome to Rural West Texas.

dishwacher takes no water

Started by pvd

Replies: 2
Views: 1170
Last post November 30, 2008, 09:15:54 PM
by JWWebster
dishwasher leaks small amount, only after it sits for a long time and is off

Started by adam.karpiak

Replies: 4
Views: 607
Last post December 29, 2012, 02:57:26 PM
by Bailey